Our client, a leading financial services company, is hiring an Application Virtualization & Delivery Engineer on a contract basis.
Work Location: Seattle, WA (hybrid- 3 days a week onsite)
The Application Virtualization & Delivery Engineer will be a part of the Infrastructure Engineering team supporting the integration and virtualization efforts of the Morgan Stanley integration. This position will design, implement and manage application virtualization solutions for our organization on our journey to the cloud. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that our applications are efficiently delivered to end-users across multiple regions using virtualization technologies such as Microsoft RDSH, VMware Horizon, VMware Horizon App Volumes, Instant clones, and API Automation. The candidate must have hands on experience with application virtualization technologies, Windows 10, Windows Server 2016+, template management, and other relevant technologies.
- Manage and improve the process from when an application owner requests their application to be onboarded to the RDSH platform, to the successful delivery of that application in an efficient workflow.
- Work with application owners to virtualize and deliver their applications to diverse locations across the globe, while being hosted in WA state datacenters.
- Maintain and support targeted systems, which include BC/DR response infrastructure for applications.
- Provide engineering support for escalated issues from Helpdesk or other technology teams as needed; works with Senior Systems Engineers or Systems Engineering Manager to resolve complex issues.
- Ensure the availability, performance, and security of virtualized applications and infrastructure.
- Responsible for planning, testing, and implementing business solutions.
- Create proposals and technical scope documents for prioritized projects.
- Coordinate with engineer specialists to implement, troubleshoot and analyze systems and services
- Responsible for maintaining and engineering endpoint solutions, application lifecycle.
- Maintain accurate documentation of topology, systems, services, processes and configurations.
- Provide analytical data on systems capacity and performance on a scheduled basis.
- Stay current with emerging virtualization technologies and industry trends.
- Collaborate with other IT teams to integrate virtualization solutions with other systems and services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- College degree in an IT related field preferred
- 7+ years of experience in implementing and automating IT solutions with at least 2 years specializing in application deployment/virtualization related technologies
- Specific experience with Active Directory, SCCM, Windows 10, and Windows 2016/2019/2022.
- Expertise with monitoring and alerting, and configuration management
- Expertise with VMware vSphere (vCenter, Site Recovery Manager, Realize Operations/Aria and VDI)
- Expertise with VMware Horizon and VMware related workflow automation (PowerCLI, Postman/HorizonAPI, Internal/External Delivery)
- Expertise with Endpoint Solutions and Management (SCCM, VMware Horizon, Endpoint Security, GPO, VMware Clone Pools – especially RDSH)
- Strong background in automation and process improvement
- Knowledge with IT security best practices (CISSP is helpful)
- Comfort in basic networking principles and certificate management
- Knowledge of the financial industry or a very strong desire to learn
- Firm commitment to continuous improvement of IT operations, the ability to tactfully challenge, and to introduce new ideas when/where appropriate
- Strong organization, problem solving, and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain a professional and helpful demeanor
- Strong ability to earn stakeholder trust