Our client, a leading financial services company, is hiring an Applications Support Senior Analyst on a contract basis.
Work Location: Irving, TX (hybrid- 2 days onsite, 2 days remote)
- The Apps Support Sr Analyst is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function.
- Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area.
- Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business.
- Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information.
- Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources.
- Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required.
- Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams.
- Involved in coaching and training of new recruits.
- Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization.
- Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual.
- • Perform technical operational tasks on routine basis within OLA.
- • Trouble shooting issues reported by users and issues self-detected within SLA Independently resolve all known issues and 80% of newly occurred issues, including data investigations.
- • Monitoring and recover all processes.
- • Maintain environment stabilities
- • Coordinate with Level 3 ad Development team on resolving issues in PROD environment and provide feedback.
- • Collect environment improvement points and provide a plan to Development team and application owners.
- • Planning and coordinating release knowledge sharing, migrations, disaster recovery Documentations
- • Provide knowledge and support training for new team members
- • Develop support-script and simplify-issue-investigation scripts
- • Take lead on new implementations and rollouts
- • 4+ years of experience in application development and/or Application support
- • 3+ years in Ab Initio and Database related projects
- • 3+ years with Unix commands, Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, ETL, WebSphere, job scheduling tools, system monitoring tools like App Dynamic
- • Knowledge on IT service process ITIL and have mindset of DevOps
- • Knowledge on Abinitio, Hadoop and shell scripting is preferred
- • Knowledge on Finance accounting domain
- • Strong oral and written communication skills.
- • Attention to detail troubleshooting Log analysis skills though out application components
- • Willing to work flexible hours.
- Degree in Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience