Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring an Assistant/Associate Scientist consultant on a contract basis.
In this individual contributor, lab-based role the Assistant / Associate Scientist will work in a collaborative environment to perform studies, develop, and optimize unit operations to support process and platform development programs. The incumbent will join a process development group that values data quality, high productivity, and teamwork.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Design and execute small and large-scale cell therapy process development experiments.
• Compile dataset from flow cytometry, cell functionality, and chemical assays
• Analyze and interpret experimental data using statistical techniques
• Document experiments and summarize results in peer-reviewed Electronic Laboratory Notebook (ELN) entries thoroughly and on timely basis, and author development reports when relevant
• Work with cross-functional stakeholders and partners to support quick turnaround-times
• Participates in troubleshooting of routine technical or operational problems and initiative related to continuous improvement
• Assist with routine lab maintenance and help maintain inventory of lab supplies and reagents
• Maintain a safe work environment in accordance with policies/procedures/regulations
• Maintain flexibility with working hours and weekend work on some occasions to support lab execution.
• BS or MS degree in cell biology/bioengineering or related field with 1-3 years of industry experience
• Experience with mammalian or primary cell culture in a laboratory setting
• Experience in designing and executing experiments
• Experience in analyzing data using statistical techniques and summarizing results
• Experience with scientific technical writing and presentation skills
• Experience in developing and optimizing unit operations for adoptive T-cell therapy manufacturing
• Familiarity with immunology and cell biology pertaining to the development of cell-based therapeutics
• Ability to work in a self-driven, fast-paced team environment and prioritize work from multiple projects
• Data analysis experience with JMP software
Pay Range: $45-50