Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring an Assistant/Associate Scientist on a contract basis.
Devens, MA – on site
- MS or BS in Biochemistry, Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, Biology, Biophysics or related field with 1 year of relevant industrial and/or academic experience.
- Prior experience with purification unit operations such as chromatography, tangential and normal flow filtration is preferred.
- Basic understanding of downstream unit operations and separation sciences is highly preferred.
- Experience with process scale-up/scale-down and process characterization is preferred.
- Experience with programming and database is highly preferred.
- Critical qualities include a high degree of initiative, good verbal and written communication skills, strong scientific skills and attention to detail, and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Design and execute protocols to solve process-related manufacturing investigations and drive process improvements by using laboratory and pilot scale-down models in protein chromatography, viral inactivation, viral filtration, ultrafiltration/diafiltration, membrane filtration, depth filtration, and centrifugation.
- Document experimental data and results, verify and interpret data with respect to the laboratory protocol and manufacturing process.
- Perform / oversee process characterization of downstream unit operations.
- Work closely in collaboration with other process development functional areas.
- Author and review technical documents and protocols; follow written scientific methods and experimental protocols, documents results, authors and reviews summary reports.
- Appropriate GLP/GMP procedures must be followed.