Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring an Assistant QC Scientist on a contract basis.
New Brunswick, NJ
- The successful candidate will perform key activities including inventory management, ensuring laboratory cGMP compliance is maintained, execution of UPLC and HPLC instrumentation maintenance (cleaning), assisting with laboratory work orders, writing procedures and technical documents as required, pipette calibration organization, and providing communication of business-critical information to methods development management.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in science, preferably in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Molecular and Cellular Biology, or related discipline.
- 2 years of relevant work experience, preferably in a health authority regulated environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute. It is preferred that the candidate have analytical experience including but not limited to in the following techniques: Chromatography (HPLC or UPLC), Spectrophotometry (UV/VIS), and Capillary Electrophoresis (CE) based testing.
- Working experience in research laboratory environment.
- Ability to keep accurate records, strong attention to details, follow instructions, and comply with company policies.
- Advanced ability to accurately and completely understand, follow, interpret and apply Global GMP requirements.
- Advanced ability to communicate effectively with team members, department management and cross-functional peers.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude. Good interpersonal skills are a must.
- Technical writing skills.
- Problem-solving ability/mentality, technically adept and logical.
- Knowledge of HPLC, UPLC, and CE instrumentation a plus.
- Ability to set priorities, manage timelines and effectively react/manage changing priorities.
- Ability to communicate honestly, transparently and effectively with peers, department management and cross functional peers.
- Ability to utilize electronic Quality systems, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Assistant QC Chemist is responsible for supporting lab management related activities within the New Brunswick and Summit Biologics Development (BD) methods development department in direct support of clinical method development activities.
- This includes the ability to interface with cross functional groups and independently perform tasks.
- This individual will focus on the timely and quality ordering, receipt, storage of lab supplies, inventory tracking, lab instrumentation maintenance including freezers, pH meters, balances, pipettes, HPLC, UPLC, and Capillary Electrophoresis (CE) systems.
- Opportunities to provide general assay support and development.