Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring an Assistant Scientist on a contract basis.
Summit, NJ – 100% on-site
- The Associate Scientist/Engineer is responsible for supporting studies to establish oral solid formulations. This includes execution of laboratory and pilot plant work, design experimental formulation studies, and conduct material characterization and formulation testing.
- Requires a bachelors degree in science or engineering or related engineering discipline (advanced degree preferred).
- 1 year of relevant work experience.
- Previous experience working in formulation development or spray dried dispersion preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
- Experience in oral formulation preparation and testing techniques, including HPLC and dissolution is required.
- Experience conducting material characterization, using DSC and TGA preferred.
- Knowledge of formulation development.
- Knowledge of data trending and tracking, including use of statistical analysis software a plus.
- Demonstrate advanced problem-solving ability / mentality, technical adeptness and logical thinking.
- Ability to communicate honestly, transparently, and effectively with peers, department management and cross functional peers.
- Conduct development activities related to developing oral formulations.
- Design and optimize formulation using design of experience approach.
- Conduct material characterization and formulation testing.