Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring an Associate Scientist consultant on a contract basis.
East Syracuse, NY
The role of the Assistant/Associate Scientist is to conduct experiments for the purposes of providing robust and timely technical support for commercial downstream biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes consisting of purification (chromatography, dead-end and depth filtration, tangential flow ultrafiltration/diafiltration, viral inactivation, and viral filtration).
• B.A./B.S./M.S./Ph.D. in Biological or Chemical Sciences/Engineering with relevant experience.
• General scientific knowledge and laboratory skills. Hands-on lab work in a flexible, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment is essential.
• Knowledge of purification (chromatography, dead-end and depth filtration, tangential flow ultrafiltration/diafiltration, viral inactivation and viral filtration) preferred.
• Experience in problem solving ability and ability to apply risk-based critical thinking in technical environment.
• Ability to collaborate across technical teams and good interpersonal skills.
• Technical communication skills in a written and presentation format are essential.
• Ability to prioritize, independently manage and complete deliverables within given timelines.
• Good organizational skills and attention to detail with high quality output.
• The operation, cleaning and maintenance of laboratory equipment, the preparation of buffers and reagents.
• Maintain detailed and accurate notebook documentation for all experimental data and results, data verification and the preparation of study protocols and final reports.
• Ensures laboratory maintenance to sustain a safe, effective and productive environment and ensures that appropriate GLP/GMP procedures are followed.
• Assists with troubleshoots of process related problems observed at manufacturing scale through the effective design of scale-down studies and the evaluation of data from manufacturing lots.
• Collaborates with cross functional teams and representatives of other organizations outside of Manufacturing Sciences and Technology.
• Assist in all areas of purification and all related duties.
• Occasional night and weekend work hours may be required.
Pay Range: $39-40