Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring for a Backend Java Developer on a contract basis.
Work Location: Boston, MA (hybrid)
The Web Authentication Agile Squad is responsible for providing federated identity and single-sign-on (SSO) solutions. These solutions range from standard web-based flows to complex solutions enabling access between users, corporate applications, and cloud providers. The successful candidate will help to architect and implement these solutions in collaboration with technical teams in Technology and Business groups. The primary focus of the engineer will be assisting to deliver solutions centered around consolidating the numerous on-premise and cloud based web authentication systems into the firm’s target state authentication platform.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Technology System Owners, and Integration teams to understand SSO requirements, architect and develop solutions, and create supporting documentation.
- Coordinate with Identity Management and Access Management partners to align dependencies and changes.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for SAML, OpenID Connect, and OAuth2 technologies.
- Providing strategic guidance to engineering teams on industry best practices and trends for SSO.
- Participate in troubleshooting with vendors and clients.
- Provide support for infrastructure by responding to escalations from the production management operation team.
- 5+ year’s experience with federation tools, with a preference for Azure AD or the Ping Identity suite of federation tools. The position is within an Agile Team implementing DevOps Principles.
- 5+ years of large scale infrastructure Java development in a Unix/Linux environment.
- 5+ year’s experience with Web Authentication concepts of SAML, OIDC, and OAuth2.
- 2+ year’s experience with cloud services configuration and integration.
- Experience with at least one of the scripting languages like Python or Perl.
- Good understanding of core network and security concepts, specifically Identity and Access Management Concepts including authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA).
- Good analytical and data modelling skills.
- Effective communication skills with business and technology users.
- Proven experience with test driven development.
- Familiarity with GIT version control system.
- Working experience with Agile development.
- Experience with Micro Services and Performance optimization.
- Experience with software delivery processes within a security landscape.
- Experience with automation and continuous integration.
- Experience operating in a large, global, compartmentalized enterprise environment.
- Basic understanding of software deployment processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred