Our client, a leading reinsurance company is hiring a Business Systems Analyst on a contract basis.
We are looking for an energetic Senior Business Analyst to work on Insurance systems. This individual will be key to solutioning and documenting system capabilities needed to address business challenges.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works within an Agile framework methodology to deliver product in two-week sprints, prioritizing the development team’s work with Scrum Works with our Content and Development teams to break down features into a detailed product backlog.
- Works with developers and QA to refine user stories and determine an appropriate level of acceptance testing.
- Act as a liaison between the business and technical organization in planning, directing, and conducting the analysis of complex business problems.
- Develop project proposals and estimates that reflect understanding of business needs and relevant technology solutions.
- Employ the proper elicitation technique to ensure requirements are appropriately and efficiently identified, analyzed, and documented using industry standard analysis techniques.
- Create detailed business requirement documents, write User Stories and Acceptance Criteria, and engage with stakeholders to get their sign-off.
- Proactively manage and prioritize the product backlog, release plans, and sprint backlogs according to business value, complexity, and expectations. Convey business needs to the Scrum team.
- Collaborate with project team to ensure cohesive delivery and traceability of documentation. Provide input into project plans, cost and/or resource estimating activities.
- Provide support for user acceptance testing and test defect resolution.
- Document and distribute user facing release notes/communications.
- Provide ongoing production support, including responding to user issues, collaborating with the technical team to analyze and resolve reported system issues and communicating the resolution of issues to the business community.
- Manage (where appropriate) and provide leadership to more junior Business Analysts.
- Conforms to Company standards and practices to comply with Internal Audit and SOX controls.
- 7+ years of Business Analyst experience.
- Demonstrates solid experience and passion for Agile methodologies.
- Experienced as a Business Analyst for Insurance line-of-business applications and systems.
- Strong ability to perform and document analysis of complex business, workflow, and technology issues to support decision-making.
- Critical thinking and ability to translate business needs into technological solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal/relationship management skills.
- Excellent conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Experience with API interfaces, XML, SQL.
- Experience with Sitecore.
- Proficient in MS Office, VISIO, JIRA.
- Experience working with the entire Software Development Life Cycle with AGILE methodology.
- Bachelor’s degree
- IIBA/Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) desired