Our client, a global medical device company and leader in orthopedics is hiring a Clinical Specialist.
Work Location: Naples, FL (onsite)
- Provide technical and clinical support for the training curriculum that addresses the changing needs of company employees, company’s business partner representatives, and healthcare professional customers.
- Organize and conduct healthcare professional motor skills labs and training sessions offered by the company.
- Assist as a technical and clinical topic advisor for the company and all departments there-in.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of current and classic concepts in orthopedics, the company’s product line, and clinical procedures supported by the company products; be able to articulate and demonstrate these concepts and procedures to company employees, business partner representatives and healthcare professional customers.
- Create and develop online educational content for healthcare professionals and students as well as educational content for a learning management system for the company representative training. This requires a working knowledge in presentation software (i.e., PowerPoint) and basic video editing skills recommended.
- Participate in company business partner representative medical education programs.
- Carry out the objectives created for the company’s agency representative product and procedure training programs.
- Provide input for the business partner representative medical education courses and surgical skills lab agendas.
- Teach the safe and effective use of company products and procedure-specific surgical and non-surgical techniques using company’s instruments.
- Teach general orthopedic and medical condition topics including current and classic concepts of patho-anatomy, biomechanics, and pathology classifications related to the company products and procedures.
- Assist in the development of written digital learning materials for the purpose of the company’s representative education and training
- Participate in healthcare professional medical education and training programs.
- Carry out the objectives created for healthcare professional product and procedure training programs.
- Provide input for healthcare professional medical education courses and single day lab agendas.
- Teach the safe and effective use of the company products and procedure-specific surgical and non-surgical techniques using the company’s instruments.
- Teach general orthopedic and medical condition topics including current and classic concepts of patho-anatomy, biomechanics, and pathology classifications related to the company’s products and procedures.
- Participate as a liaison with the company business partners and their representatives to assist with organization and implementation of their local medical education and surgical skills lab training programs.
- Assist in the organization and execution of cadaver surgical skills workshops.
- Participate in medical society meetings and other company product exhibits to serve in the role outlined in item 1 of this section.
- Assist with reviewing written and digital material developed by other departments to advise on clinical accuracy of these materials.
- Assist with research and development of the company products and procedures.
- Assist by providing clinical, technical, and surgical skills advice and services to the product and procedure development process via team interaction with the Research and Development, Product Management and Engineering Departments.
- Interface with Product Management and Engineering Departments to provide pertinent design criteria regarding form and function of surgical instruments.
- Assist the Customer Service Department to provide clinical and technical support for customers service needs.
- May supervise other employees
- Must be able to work with cadavers
- Travel up to 20% of the time; including some international travel.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in one of the bio-medical sciences or related fields required – OR– certification as a Physician Assistant, nurse practitioner, or medical degree is required.
- 5-years of experience in orthopedic surgery, musculoskeletal medicine, the orthopedic industry, or graduation from post-graduate medical education such as medical school is required.
- Experience as a physician assistant, nurse practitioner, medical doctor or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine working in orthopedic surgery is preferred.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Ability to teach and develop training materials is necessary.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
- PCs and have a command of Microsoft Office plus any additional communications equipment as needed.