Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring a Commissioning/Qualification Specialist / Specific Commissioning and Validation support on a contract basis.
Warren, NJ – 100% on site
The C&Q Specialist, Facilities and Utilities supports the successful operation of facilities, laboratories, and business functions at multiuse sites through interaction with internal team members and peer level customers as well as external service providers. The position focus is on providing technical expertise and decision making while ensuring end-to-end and timely completion of Facilities and Utilities commissioning and qualification and ongoing work activities of low to moderate complexity, individually and with support of others. The incumbent spends most of their time on individual work. The incumbent may recommend modifications to work processes or procedures to functional management that impact their immediate function or organizational unit. The incumbent in this role works with entry, junior, and experienced level professionals to accomplish daily tasks and short term projects according to established policies and procedures.
- BS in Engineering required. Must be able to read and understand construction and mechanical drawings and P&IDs.
- 7 years of experience in FDA-regulated industry.
- 3 years of experience executing projects of low to medium complexity.
- Strong background and experience in laboratory and manufacturing operations.
- Knowledge of cGMP in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Thorough knowledge and hands-on experience in commissioning and qualification of common utilities, such as DI water, compressed gases, process air, liquid nitrogen supply systems, AHUs, and autoclaves.
- Thorough knowledge of and hands-on experience with operation and qualification of cell therapy manufacturing equipment, including isolators, vial fillers, and vial cappers.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with airflow visualization (smoke studies).
- Strong computer skills, knowledge of calibration management and environmental monitoring systems preferred.
- Strong problem-solving skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work independently.
- Experience interacting with regulatory agents, external and/or internal auditors in a compliance audit environment with direct interaction including face to face interaction and response to audit questions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, a team player willing to work in an environment where individual initiative, accountability to the team, and professional maturity are required.
- Advanced knowledge of cGMP pertaining pharmaceutical facilities, utilities, and equipment.
- Advanced knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing and utilities that support cell therapy clinical manufacturing.
- Advanced knowledge of commissioning and qualification of clean manufacturing facilities, material pass-throughs, AHUs, compressed gas systems, liquid nitrogen supply systems, autoclaves, isolators, filling and capping equipment, and airflow visualization studies.
- Understanding of scheduling and execution fundamentals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience dealing with a diverse workforce.
- Strong multitasking ability in conjunction with proven organizational skills. Ability to organize assigned tasks in a fast-paced environment and concurrently monitor tasks and assignments with others that may impact timely completion. Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and activities simultaneously.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Innate ability to learn new software, such as corporate intranet and enterprise business.
- Working knowledge of scheduling software and systems, and inventory management systems.
- Ability to create and analyze meaningful metrics.
- Occasional stooping, bending, stretching, pushing, pulling, reaching and/or lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk and move within workspace for extended periods.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks including hand to finger manipulations, grasping, pushing and pulling.
- Primarily office environment but will be required to enter laboratory or GMP process areas donning proper gowning / lab coats or PPE such as safety glasses and shoes.
- Ability to work safely and effectively when working alone or with others.
- Professional Knowledge
- Problem Solving
- Team Player / Building Relationships
- Customer Focus
- Action and detail oriented
- Active Listening
- Administer change control activities and corrective and preventive actions.
- Review, approve, and execute test protocols, validation deliverables, and plans as needed.
- Author, review, and approve SOPs, work practices, and other procedural documents.
- Provide input and guidance for change strategy, risk assessment, testing and compliance gaps.
- Serve as an SME for change controls, investigations, CAPAs, and audits, as applicable.
- Promotes and provides excellent customer service and support.
- Regularly reviews, prioritizes, and promptly responds to customer equipment qualification and support requests.
- Provides technical support and guidance on equipment commissioning and qualification. Interfaces with customers to ensure all expectations are met.
- Maintains a positive relationship with all the members of the Equipment Commissioning & Qualification department and site customers while promoting a positive team environment.
- Ensures timely completion of equipment commissioning and qualification projects, individually and/or with support of contracted personnel.
- Develops an effective mechanism for communicating the current status of all manufacturing and laboratory equipment to affected stakeholders.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase internal client satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Ensures manufacturing and laboratory facilities and utilities are maintained in compliance with GMP and other Company standards and regulations.
- Acts as equipment commissioning and qualification SME in internal and regulatory audits.