Our client, a leading reinsurance company is hiring a Data BA with SQL/Python on a contract basis.
Warren, NJ (Hybrid Working Model)
Need Data BA that have experience supporting interfacing into the DataLake from Insurance and Reinsurance data repositories
This individual will work closely with various teams to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions.
The Data Business Analyst must understand how data is turned into information and knowledge and how that knowledge supports and enables key business processes.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Essential to be able to build an understanding of the business at a level of detail to identify and address critical issues.
- Experience interfacing with data repositories.
- Engage business and development teams to design, and document dashboards, alerts, and reports.
- Accountable for providing project leadership including facilitating requirements gathering and presenting findings to all levels of management
- Conducting analysis of functional business processes and functional. business requirements and drive the development of user stories as a member of an Agile Scrum Team.
- Educate and train clients to use data as an analytical tool, displaying the information as content for the purpose of analysis with the option to explore.
- BA/BS Degree in Math or Statistics or an equivalent combination of education, training, and progressive experience.
- 5+ Years Data Business Analyst Experience.
- Experience with SQL and Python
- Excellent interpersonal skills and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments.
- Must have Insurance experience
- Strong critical thinking & problem-solving competency with the ability to researches complex data-oriented problems.
- Proactive and results driven with a positive can-do attitude
- Excels in a team environment (distributed).
Required Skills and Experience:
- Agile Methodology
- Strong SQL skills
- Strong Python skills
- Commercial Insurance principles
- Proficient in MS Excel and Visio
Pay Range: $51- $66/hour