Our client, a utilities company is hiring an Engineer on a contract basis.
Work Location: Edison, NJ (Hybrid Working Model)
Work as an Engineer in the Renewables and Energy Efficiency organization, utilizing a broad knowledge of business and energy engineering principles and practices acquired through progressive field and academic experience. Job is to provide engineering support for energy efficiency projects for various energy efficiency programs, with a focus on the energy savings measures, strategies and calculations. This includes the evaluation of investment grade audits conducted by third parties, the technical desk review of engineering design documents, energy models for projects and technical evaluation of projects during and after construction to ensure projects are achieving estimated savings. The position will be responsible for approval of the technical designs and energy savings estimates of multimillion-dollar projects based on technical resource manuals and sound energy engineering principles. Position will also be responsible for overseeing QA/QC of small and mid-sized projects, as well as overseeing models and processes to ensure that projects are cost effective.
• Interface with the client associates, vendors, customers and outside consultants to assure the Program rules and requirements are maintained, the projects are cost effective and the information needed for management and regulatory reporting is accurate and timely.
• Perform and oversee program and project QA/QC as required.
• Review, analyze, and assess the cost and performance claims of emerging clean energy technologies and services.
• Evaluate the potential of new technologies and services for deployment under new and/or existing client clean energy future programs.
• Utilize a broad knowledge of business and engineering principles and practices, including financial and cost management, acquired through progressive experience.
• B.S. in any Engineering discipline
• Minimum of 4 years of experience related to technical review of Energy Efficiency Projects or Project Management of construction, HVAC or mechanical projects in Industrial or Commercial sectors.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Commercial & Industrial energy savings measures and techniques.
• Demonstrated teamwork skills on critical projects or initiatives
• Ability to perform complex energy savings analysis, energy modeling, analyze measurement and verification data, perform cost effectiveness calculations
• Ability to work independently on most technical issues and also work well in a team environment
• Familiarity with applicable industry standards such as ASHRAE 90.1, IECC, NJCEP Protocols (Technical Reference Manual), building codes and best practices.
• Willing to achieve Certified Energy Manager (CEM) from AEE status within 1 year
• Knowledge of demand side management, response strategies, and various energy efficiency programs.
• Demonstrated effective problem-solving, analytical thinking, decision-making skills, strong planning and organizing skills, must be adaptable and be results-oriented.
• Ability to write and speak concisely
• Strong attention to detail.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel & MS Word)
• Must possess a valid U.S. drivers license and maintain a safe driving
• Advanced skills in Excel such as complex formulas and VBA Macros
• PE License
• Experience with building energy simulation software such as Equest, EnergyPlus, Trace/Trane
• Experience with Commercial Building HVAC Controls