Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring an Environmental Health and Safety Specialist on a contract basis.
New Brunswick, NJ
- B.S. degree environmental, science preferred
- Prior EHS Incident and/or Project Coordinator experience required
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Experience with incidents and/or learning systems database (e.g., Enablon, Success Factors, Compliance Wire, etc.) preferred
- Previous experience related to the EOHSS federal and canton regulations preferred
- Ability to take initiative and adapt to frequently changing priorities simultaneously and think creatively, critically, and strategically to solve problems in a complex environment with urgency, agility, and calm.
- Prioritizes work and thinks independently, analyzes, and solves complex problems with excellent judgment, quality, and detail in an urgent manner.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement mindset that takes a proactive, solution-oriented approach to identifying issues and developing innovative and effective solutions to improve operations.
- Strong decision-making capability to guide assigned projects to successful conclusions
- Experience handling confidential information and sensitive issues in a diplomatic manner to ensure integrity and confidentiality
- Excellent transparent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proclivity for partnership and collaboration with peers, all levels of management, cross-functional teams at site and EOHSS above site teams.
- Ensures compliance with federal, canton, and local environmental, safety, medical surveillance and sustainability laws, regulations, codes, rules, and consensus guides.
- Develop and implement new EOHSS programs, policies, and procedures and update and improve existing ones.
- Manage a wide range of communications and preparation / distribution of EOHSS communications.
- Develop, create, and manage site platforms, databases, and SharePoint for documentation of procedures, forms, SOPs, investigations, reporting, inspections, action items, communications, and other management system platforms and their outcomes in line with quality and EOHSS requirements.
- Develop, create, and maintain, and distribute EOHSS reports, and records as assigned.
- Create and maintain a systemic process to ensure workflow timelines for EOHSS events and action plans are adhered to including mechanisms for EOHSS performance and trend reports.
- Manage the EOHSS training process for the site. Including collaboratively working with trainers to develop mew and revised training, accurately assigning training based on guidelines, and supporting training records requests. related training for the site.
- Executes, tracks, and manages POs, Check requests, financial reports, expenses, correspondences, meetings
- Key contact for internal customers, researchers, facilities, management, and other cross functional groups, building strong relationships by handling EHS inquiries.
- Participate in and show leadership in an EOHSS culture at the site that partners with operational teams to ensure all are accountable for EOHSS culture and performance, modeling what good looks like.
- Proactively collaborates at site and above-site levels
- Participates in EOHSS operational and tier discussions, EOHSS committees and teams; and EOHSS self-assessments, inspections, GEMBAs, and audits.
- Challenges the status quo and brings new approaches to continually improve the effectiveness of workflows and processes and learn and apply new concepts.
- Review and ensure accurate and complete resolution of issues as they arise and escalates concerns, resource constraints, needs, with