Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring an Export Compliance Contractor on a contract basis.
New Brunswick, NJ – 50% on site
- Assessments & compliance with pertinent Export laws, regulations and guidelines mandated by government agencies (i.e., Customs, Bureau of Industry and Security, Census, Department of the Treasury-Office of Foreign Assets Control, including global equivalents, etc.)
- Support the companys export team with the creation/update/establishment of policies and procedures.
- Support analysis, improvement, and implementation of the Export compliance programs in locations where the organization exports.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain or International Trade, preferred.
- 3 years in Supply Chain/Finance/Logistics experience in a bio-pharmaceutical company, which includes at least 3 years in a Trade Compliance role. Demonstrated interest in Export compliance.
- Knowledge of Export regulations, including Export Controls, Sanctions, Anti-boycott and Restricted Party Screening regulations.
- Understanding of global bio-pharmaceutical logistics and distribution operations.
- Experience in assigning Export classification codes (ECCN and HTS).
- Experience in conducting Restricted Party Screening.
- Knowledge of Export practices by specific region.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret Government Regulations and transfer complex regulations to existing business processes.
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence, collaborate and communicate directly and to lead cross-functional and cross regional teams.
- Strong research and analytic skills.
- Strong interest in global geopolitical developments.
- Strong computer skills. Experienced in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SAP/GTS, and Oracle.
- Ability to take the initiative, as well as to receive direction with minimal oversight.
- Support the implementation of strategic direction for the Export compliance program as defined by the Global Export Compliance Lead.
- Support the development of Corporate policies, directives, procedures and processes for managing Export compliance, globally.
- Conduct Restricted Party screening within GTS and offline screening tools.
- Support the assignment of Export Control Classification Numbers (ECCN) and Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) Numbers for exports.
- Provide assistance in preparation for Export Compliance related audits.
- Work with sites to determine business changes required to address new regulations or changes to regulations.
- Support other company wide projects or initiatives as necessary.