Our client, a leading financial company, is hiring a Full Stack Engineer (JAVA) on a long-term contract basis.
Buffalo, NY (Hybrid role with about 2 days onsite).
- Equities Technology solve some of the most interesting and complex challenges in the financial industry to help our global business and its customers succeed. Shipping code early using Agile and DevOps principles is critical for us to deliver business value, with continuous improvement and learning at the center of everything we do.
- We are motivated by challenging each other to push the boundaries of financial and technological innovation, in an open, inclusive, and diverse environment. We are looking for the brightest and best developers to take our capability forward.
About the Team
- The Structured Products Technology team runs the pricing & order management stack covering pre-trade client RFQs, retail market distribution, life cycle management and secondary markets.
- The team develops and maintains its own Structured Products OMS with in-house pricing service. The OMS comprises of a React front end with a host of backend services written in Java and C#.
- The team spans the 3 main trading hubs (Hong Kong, New York, London), with team members in seven locations (Hong Kong, Guangzhou, New York, Toronto, Poland, London, and Paris).
Purpose of the Job
- Build strategic Equity Derivatives trading infrastructure.
- Participate in the complete software development lifecycle: analysis, development, deployment, supporting users during UAT phases, and production support.
- Migrating existing legacy solutions to target architecture involving analyzing, understanding existing tools (Excel/VBA) and either re-designing/re-writing them in a target framework (of either Java or C#) or partially re-designing them to start the path towards demise.
- Developers are required to have day to day interaction with the structuring or trading desk and will work on local and global tactical and semi strategic platforms.
- Building out strategic Structured Products platforms, DevOps and production support.
- Helping to build out the ‘next generation’ of Equities Structured Products platforms at company.
- Helping to build out the ‘next generation’ of Equities Structured Products platforms.
- Looking for AVP level type candidate for the contracting role (to give a level similarity).
- Some finance knowledge would help the individual in better understanding what we do, equity derivatives is not a must.
- C# is nice to have.
- Java is a must.
Essential Candidate Requirements
- Excellent hands-on knowledge of OO or functional programming styles (e.g. in Java, C#).
- Experience of using either Relational databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL) or noSql databases (Mongo).
- Experience in event-driven architecture and/or REST/SOAP web-based applications.
- Proficiency in software engineering practices for the full software development lifecycle, including build processes, testing and operations.
- Familiar with and uses modern best practices including test driven development, devops, agile methodologies.
- Strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work in a complex and global environment.
- Motivation towards understanding further the equity derivatives business.
Ideal Candidate Requirements
- Knowledge of Google Cloud would be advantageous.
- Experience of equity derivatives products either Derivative Pricing or Risk Management.
- Growth mindset, adaptable to agile development.
- You are an excellent communicator and are comfortable communicating directly with the Sales/Trading Desk and internal Technology teams and are able to range up and down the detail depending on your audience.
- You will handle all phases of development (requirements analysis through to implementation to testing automation), establishing solid relationships and trust built on proven delivery.
Corp to Corp – yes.
No third party.
Pay Rate $85 – $100 an hour.