Our client, a leading financial services company, is hiring an IT Asset Manager Process Owner on a contract basis.
Work Location: New York, NY (onsite)
Enterprise Technology & Services (ETS) delivers shared technology services for the Firm supporting all business applications and end users. ETS provides capabilities for all stages of the Firms software development lifecycle, enabling productive coding, functional and integration testing, application releases, and ongoing monitoring and support for over 3,000 production applications.
ETS also delivers all workplace technologies (desktop, mobile, voice, video, productivity, intranet/internet) in integrated configurations that boost the personal productivity of our employees. Application and end user services are delivered on a scalable, secure, and reliable infrastructure composed of seamlessly integrated datacenter, network, compute, cloud, storage, and database services.
As the IT Asset Management (ITAM) Process Owner with a specialized focus on Software Asset Management (SAM), you will play a crucial role in creating, managing, and optimizing the SAM processes across our global organization. You will lead the development, implementation, and improvement of asset management processes and strategies to ensure regulatory and security compliance, efficiency, and operational effectiveness.
- Hardware Asset Management Leadership:
- Serve as the subject matter expert and lead efforts related to Hardware Asset Management.
- Design and implement strategies to define and optimize the SAM lifecycle, minimize compliance risks, and achieve cost savings.
- Work with Process Managers and ITAM Technical Architects to inform tooling and enablement strategy.
- Process Development:
- Develop and enhance hardware asset management processes, workflows, and documentation to establish standardized procedures and best practices across the organization.
- Serve as the custodian of the Process Library (the formal record of ITAM processes).
- Inventory Management:
- Collaborate with AMDB owners to ensure accurate and up-to-date records of hardware assets.
- Ensure proper visibility of the process through capture, maintenance, and reporting of inventory.
- Compliance and Auditing:
- Ensure compliance with internal and federal regulatory requirements.
- Conduct regular audits to assess adherence to policies and identify potential risks.
- Develop and monitor SAM KPIs, KRIs and support governance, risk and compliance (GRC) requirements.
- Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Analyze asset management data to identify trends, patterns, and opportunities for process improvement.
- Communicate key metrics and insights to stakeholders.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Identify areas for process optimization, automation, and efficiency enhancement within the asset management lifecycle.
- Training and Education:
- Assist in the development of training programs and materials to educate employees on the SAM standard, policies, procedures, compliance guidelines, and federal regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in IT Asset Management, with a focus on hardware in a complex, global environment.
- Strong understanding of compliance regulations, federal regulatory knowledge, and industry best practices.
- Proven experience in heavily regulated environments, preferably in the financial industry (e.g. Federal Cybersecurity Reviews).
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to interpret data to drive informed decisions.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including the ability to lead initiatives, mentor junior team members, and drive process improvements.
- Industry certifications such as Certified Software Asset Manager (CSAM) are a plus.
- Proficiency in MS-Office productivity applications
- Proficiency in asset management tools and software, as well as familiarity with IT Service Management (ITSM) and Enterprise Service Management (ESM) frameworks.
Pay Rate: Upto $112/hr W2