Our client, a leading financial services company, is hiring an IT Desktop Support/Network Integrator on a contract basis.
Work Location: New York, NY (hybrid -3 days a week onsite)
The Integration Services team which is the gatekeeper for all changes to the production environment is currently seeking a highly technical Executive Integration, Desktop Support Technician to join our team.
The IT Integration Desktop Support position will be on the front lines of IT systems support.
As the face of IT, the Executive Desktop Technician must have strong technical troubleshooting abilities, excellent communication skills and be willing to interface with a combination of both technical and non-technical departments.
The primary task of this position will be to troubleshoot and resolve endpoint issues, install and support the systems, and assist with the day-to-day operations for the client’s Integration and Services.
This is a global team that works on localized projects using a globally common infrastructure. Regions will collaborate on the development and testing of new tools to aid in the deployment of new software releases. Locally, integration team members work closely with the development and operations teams on software releases specific to the individual financial products & services.
- Candidate will gain valuable knowledge about the workings of market data feeds, and of financial markets in general.
- They will work closely with senior team members and learn about the behavior of various financial instruments, such as stocks, bonds and futures.
- The candidate will be required to work with senior members of the business team to provide innovative IT solutions in an enterprise environment.
- They will be responsible for providing onsite and remote support for the client’s Investment Management organization and senior level executives daily.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the Leadership team and the Executive Assistants who support them 24×7.
- They will be expected to ensure the highest levels of customer service in a collaborative environment with a keen focus on helping people resolve issues and problems.
- They will be expected to independently resolve complex, break/fix issues following any issue until its resolution. As well as lead and assist with root cause analysis as it relates to desktop computers and all peripheral devices.
- They will require strong task management skills: an ability to prioritize, triage, resolve and escalate in an efficient and effective manner. They will be required to interact with IT functional groups and establish relationships cross-functionally to drive escalations to closure. Must have the ability to explain technology concepts/procedures/policies in a non-technical way; collaborating and coordinating with members of other teams to track, isolate and resolve technical issues.
- Technical Requirements:
- Microsoft Windows Desktop OS, Mobile (MDM) and the Office suite of applications support skills. This also includes enterprise support tools and vendor services such as virtual machine technology (VMWare), anti-virus (Symantec), SCCM software deployments, patch management, Appsense & Citrix Remote working environments.
- UNIX/Windows Server Infrastructure:
- Candidates need to be proficient in navigating server environments & have good knowledge of most operational functions.
- Beneficial if candidates has working knowledge of scripting languages such as Bash/Python/Perl and PowerShell.
- Networking (e.g., TCP/IP)
- Additional technical skills on the networking side; understand the concepts of TCP/IP and the OSI model.
- Knowledge of the Enterprise and Cyber security concepts such as demarcation zones (DMZs), firewalls, proxies, Email relays, Certificate management and Single Sign-On (SSO) concepts.
- Knowledge of the main cloud offerings: SaaS, PaaS & IaaS with Google, Amazon and/or Microsoft or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the DevOps Operating model and the role of a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE).
- Interpersonal skills/communication
- Good quality English speaking is essential as there is regular interaction with peer teams, internal clients, vendors and suppliers in any
Pay Rate: Between $70-75/hr