Our client, a leading financial services client, is hiring an IT Project Manager on a contract basis.
Work Location: New York, NY
Summary about the Position:
- Seeking an IT project manager with strong Data Center build experience to focus on network projects primarily focusing on Cisco & Arista technologies in enterprise Data Centers.
- The PM requires will lead the installation, coordination and refresh Data Center infrastructure including, network switches and routers.
- The PM will co-ordinate tasks with external teams to meet project objectives.
- The candidate will be responsible for gathering requirements and leading the deployment plan and refresh of new core network infrastructure.
- The candidate will lead all project lifecycle phases which includes Plan, Build, Integrate, Migrate, and test.
- The candidate will be leading the project, not reporting on the project.
- This role is not a PMO position but rather a technical PM.
- The candidate must work Friday evenings after business hours and some Saturday mornings.
- A confident and articulate self-starter
- A team player with a high level of commitment and enthusiasm
- Able to work in a high-pressure environment while juggling multiple tasks
- Has excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Demonstrate time management, ability to prioritize tasks and to meet deadlines across multiple projects
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and able to communicate at all levels and influence others
- Display strong leadership skills, with a proven track record of leading projects at times of change
- Experience with working Friday evenings and Saturdays during the installation phase
- 12-15 years of technology project management experience Build Data Center and CoLocation network core infrastructure
- Experience with Cisco and Arista hardware and understands how to partner with vendors for installation
- Experience with project lifecycle of network integrations, infrastructure build, data center builds and/or network hardware refresh.
- Plan, coordinate, implement, and track deliverables related to the request
- Manage delivery across internal teams and third-party contractors/ consultants
- Gather technology requirements and partner with engineering and operations for high level design
- Responsible for managing delivery across internal teams and third-party contractors/ consultants
- Develop, track and coordinate schedule Manage Hardware deliveries, with vendors, including staging
- Create and Manage the Technology Change Management tickets
- Develop, track and coordinate circuit installations and scheduled
- Provide weekly status reports both internally and externally, as required Schedule UAT testers and BAU signoffs
- Logistics coordination including delivery and invoice closeout
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Visio, and Project Strong Excel, Sharepoint, MS project, ServiceNow Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree + Experience within financial services / consulting Dark Fiber, WAN, LAN Data Center Builds, Consolidations, Decommissions
- Branch Restacks and Renovations or office builds
Pay Rate Range: $74-89/hr