Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring a Java Developer consultant on a contract basis.
New Brunswick, NJ/Hybrid
Actual job title is Java Front End Developer.
Create applications from detailed specifications using specified programming language(s)
• Develops software applications solutions, of intermediate, to complex complexity, for all or part of an assigned project.
• Develops, codes, tests, debugs, and documents applications systems to achieve the objectives of the client group relative to identified system needs. These systems may be new, replacement of existing systems, or significant modifications of existing software modules.
• Implements activities that impact mid-level components of the functional area. Participate in the review of requirements, design, code and supporting documentation. Design, develop and test software as part of new product and maintenance development. Help investigate issues and support production systems. Mentor less experienced staff as necessary.
• 5+ years of software development experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
• Well versed with modern software development methods and best practices
• Ability to initiate and participate in design/architecture creation and review.
• Owning the product cycle from cradle to grave and continuous improvement.
• Familiarity with OO concepts
• Ability to work well with a variety of people
• Some experience using source control, like Subversion .
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team, and follow coding standards
• Demonstrated experience with REST, creating RESTful services
• Ensure that each system developed follows the standard systems development policies.
Create applications from detailed specifications using specified programming language(s).
• Code, test, debug, document and maintain programs.
• Good understanding of DB and interactions with web tools (Oracle, Sql Server, MySQL).
• Good understanding of HTTP request life cycle.
• Should have good hands-on in Web Application development using the latest UI & Java technologies, browsers.
• Good understanding of Object Oriented design and programming methodologies.
• Experience with SVN version control applications and build process
• Experience with Web Services.
• Experience with WebLogic, Tomcat, WildFly (Nice to have).
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Experience with multi-tiered architectures.
• Java (JDK 1.7/1.8), JSP, Servlets, Struts
• J2EE (JMS, EJB).
• Spring, Hibernate
• Siteminder / LDAP integration (Nice to have).
• Junit (Nice to have).
• ANT , Maven.
• XML and XSD Technologies. (Nice to have)
• Quality reviews of code developed by other development staff.
• An understanding of and experience with full software development lifecycle including functional & technical specification, development on object oriented design, documentation, QA processes, source control, maintenance and deployment.
• Designs for more complex integration with other applications/technologies.
• Develops test plans and test scripts.
• Experience with HP ALM (Nice to have).
• Understanding of application architecture.