Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring a Material Handler on a contract basis.
Devens MA – 50% on site
Just in time (JIT) Warehouse Technician
- Receive, store and issue the raw materials, packaging components and operational supplies used to support manufacturing operations.
- Handling samples of materials used to conduct testing or special assignments.
- Performs shipping and Inventory Cycle Count functions in supporting other warehouse operations and plant needs.
- This position must comply with all Security guidelines, Environmental Health and Safety regulations and the current Good Manufacturing Practices required by the job function.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Working knowledge of standard computer-based business systems such as SAP.
- This is a physical job in which an employee may have to lift as much as 50 pounds and regularly bend, reach, and walk.
- Regular assignments will require work to be performed at heights of up to 25 feet.
- Performs material handling activities, including material receipt, storage and transfers, to GMP manufacturing facility and finish product from production to interim storage (cold and frozen storage).
- Completes GMP forms and/or batch records as required for material receiving, shipping, and freezing activities.
- Maintains material inventory levels using required systems and equipment.
- Packs/ships materials to both domestic and international markets, including hazmat.
- Maintains safe work environment.
- Works on routine assignments per written procedure were ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- Daily interaction with other material management staff, quality control and manufacturing staff.
- Regular interaction with external contractors such as transportation drivers. Occasional interaction with maintenance.
- May come in to contact with hazardous material requiring additional PPE including respiratory protection employee must be physically capable to wear a respirator.
- Operates motor vehicles including, 24ft box trucks, forklifts and other motorized material handling units.