Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring a Materials Handler, on a contract basis.
Devens, MA – 50% on site
The primary focus of the role will be to provide material movement and logistical support to internal and external customers in support of cellular therapeutic manufacturing at the Devens campus during process transfers, routine production, and technology improvements that support manufacturing operations. The key deliverables for this role are supporting the Devens campus Kitting and Delivery operation, executing Kitting and Delivery procedures, and completing internal customer support assignments with high quality and timely output.
- 2 years of experience in a cGMP warehouse environment and understanding of Supply Chain Management and APICS best practices for warehouse operations.
- Bachelors degree
-OR Associate/ Medical Technical degree and 0-2 years of Manufacturing or Operations experience.
-OR High School diploma/GED and 2-4 years of supporting Manufacturing or Operations experience.
- A valid Driver’s License (CDL preferred)
- Operate in a GMP warehouse environment & gown into GMP clean room areas.
- Don Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by procedures & signage. May encounter hazardous material requiring additional PPE including respiratory protection (employee must be physically capable to wear a respirator).
- May be required to work alternate shift schedules, including shift or weekend coverage.
- Perform activities as physical job, where employee may have to lift as much as 50 pounds and regularly bend reach & walk.
- Knowledge of cGMP/FDA regulated industry.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- General understanding of cGMPs.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Inventory control and/or management.
- Background to include an understanding of biology, chemistry, medical or clinical practices is a plus.
- Knowledge of inventory systems (preferably SAP) & cGMP/Pharmaceutical regulations.
- Performs inventory control: cycle counts, material stocking, and scrapping, at a minimum.
- Assists in managing material expiry, allocation, kitting, and maintains material condition requirements.
- Quantifies and maintains materials in production dispensary.
- Maintains timing according to the production schedule to ensure on-time logistics.
- Records material handling data and information in a clear, concise, format according to proper GDPs.
- Works in a team based, cross-functional environment to complete kitting and delivery tasks required by shift schedule.
- Must be able to work in an environment with blood derived components.
- Other duties may be assigned, as necessary.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.