Our client, a leading financial services company, is hiring a Network Design Engineer on a contract basis.
Work Location: New York, NY (hybrid, must be on site for the 1st month for training. After training, must be able to work 3 days a week on site)
The role will specifically focus on the client’s related projects whilst providing backup for company’s initiatives in other regions i.e. EMEA & Asia.
The client’s programs require an intimate working knowledge of low latency network design, precision timing for both FINRA and MifiD II regulatory compliance, exchange connectivity, multicast routing and market data distribution, dynamic routing (OSPF & BGP), QoS, Matrix switching and network instrumentation.
The role requires Level 4 Engineering support for major operational incidents on a follow the sun basis as well as providing SME guidance for peers.
The role holder is also expected to provide thought leadership on emerging technologies and architectures.
There is an increasing demand for low latency and exchange connectivity technologies and the workload cannot be redistributed to other team members.
All other team members have equally critical workloads and cannot easily absorb the additional load.
There is a major program starting with the the client’s build out of the DC3 pod .
The clients are based in New York therefore the new hire needs to maintain local skills in the given technology areas as well as maintain the relationship with the project management team located in NY and London.
Also finding candidates with 15+ years of experience as subject matter expert [SME] in low latency networks in a large enterprise is very rare and has proven very difficult in the firm’s near shore locations. The role will also participate in follow the sun coverage / global engineering escalation for ENS related outages.
Expert-level Low Latency Trading Network Engineering knowledge:
- CCIE and intimate working knowledge of low latency network design, precision timing (ntp & ptp), exchange connectivity, multicast routing and market data distribution, dynamic routing (OSPF & BGP), QoS, Matrix switching and network instrumentation- taps, SPAN, netflow, sFlow etc
- Practicioner-level network automation skills using DevOps and CI/CD
- Linux and Open Source
- Network-as-code Jinja2 Templating, YAML, CI/CD pipeline and toolset such as Git/Gitlab/Jenkins or equivalent
- Model-Driven Telemetry – configuration, collection, data analysis
- Integration skills (API) with existing NMS toolsets (Spectrum, SevOne, Splunk etc) and other supporting systems ServiceNow, Infoblox etc.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Collaborative and innovation focused mindset.
Pay Rate: $75-90/hr