Our client, a leading hospitality company, is hiring a Network SRE Architect on a contract basis.
Local Preferred (Bethesda, MD), open for 100% remote as well.
Network SRE Architect – DDI, Security and Monitoring Tools.
The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Architect is the subject matter expert in designing and implementing the tools strategy for next generation networks being designed at locations globally. This role will work closely and collaboratively with a matrix team of expert network architects to drive adoption of SRE practices and operating models across the globe. This subject matter expert (SME) works with architecture, engineering, operational, and application experts to set standards and architecture for all aspects of Network Security (NAC, Firewall, ISE Policies etc.), DDI (Infoblox, Bind etc.), Monitoring Tools (SNMP Monitoring, APM (Application Performance Management), Deep packet inspection tools) and provides engineering expertise in support of network configuration, security, and monitoring infrastructure. Experience in primary functions include engineering network solution designs enabling stability, consolidation, manageability, and advances in future technologies. Provides guidance to modify and maintain existing network architecture, completion of project requests, oversee lifecycle management, capacity, health and performance management, continuous service improvement, business and technical analyses, reporting, and project management. Provide architecture and design support for Company campus, property, data center, and above campus hybrid cloud infrastructure including network security, remote access, wireless, LAN, WAN, and load balancing. Works efficiently with our technology providers as well as other third-party engineering, application, and operations teams. The candidate should be a proponent and champion of designing and implementing automation strategies using industry standard solutions and languages such as Ansible, Python accessing native or REST APIs.
This subject matter expert (SME) works with architecture, engineering, operational, and application experts to set standards and architecture for all aspects of:
o Network Security (Forescout NAC, Checkpoint/Palo alto Firewall, Cisco ISE Policies, Aruba ClearPass)
o DDI (Infoblox, Bind etc.)
o Tools (SNMP Monitoring, APM – Application Performance Management, and Deep packet inspection tools).
• Undergraduate degree in an engineering or computer science discipline and/or equivalent experience/certification.
• 7+ years of experience some or all the following areas:
o Strong hands-on knowledge in Network Access solution like Forescout, Aruba ClearPass and Cisco ISE.
o Extensive experience with security or security related products such as firewalls, firewall management solutions such as Cisco Firepower, Checkpoint MDS and Palo Alto Panorama.
o Strong hands-on knowledge in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting of IP address configuration and management solutions such as Infoblox DDI.
o Expert in enterprise-wide design and administration of devices and policies in the security tools.
o Cisco ISE with knowledge in RADIUS and TACACS+ protocols.
o Hands on experience in monitoring, troubleshooting and capacity planning strategies using Splunk, AI and ML based monitoring and other equivalent solutions.
o Next generation wired and wireless technologies and products in SD-WAN domain.
o Firewall Experience.
o TCP/IP and common network protocols such as DHCP, DNS.
o Interpreting architectural standards, policies, and engineering designs.
• 5+ years of experience delivering technology solutions at an enterprise wired and wireless domain.
• 6+ years of experience with routing, switching, and IP subnetting.
• Hands-on working knowledge of PKI, 802.1X, 802.11x, DNS, DHCP, SNMP, and VPN.
• Advanced knowledge of AAA, RADIUS and TACACS+ protocols, performing packet captures and analysis.
• Experience of policy development, certificate provisioning in Firemon and Cisco ISE products a plus.
• Experience with managing security tools in the hospitality industry a plus.
• Infoblox certifications highly desirable: CDCA.
• CCIE or CCNP certifications or on the path to these certifications. CCNA is acceptable as well.
• Experience in Agile methodologies, daily stand-up meetings, sprint planning sessions and user story preparations.
• Experience with Splunk alerting and Dashboarding.
• Experience with Cloud Technologies like AWS, AZURE etc.
• Experience with identity and access control protocols/systems.
• Experience with Agile framework and Jira tools knowledge.
• Experience with network automation and modeling tools.
• Experience with Python, Perl, Ansible to support developing scripts.
• Ecommerce and/or hospitality background.
• Proficient knowledge of project management methodologies and/or leading large technical projects.
• Excellent problem-solving skills working independently and through leading outcomes for cross functional teams.
• Understanding of change management, testing requirements, techniques, and tools to ensure high availability of platforms.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills for a wide range of audiences including executives, business stakeholders, and IT teams.
• Ability to work during non-business hours, as needed.
Pay rate: $80 – $95/ hr.
Is this potentially contract to hire? If so, what is the salary range? Yes, 140-160K.