Our client, a leading financial services company, is hiring a Networks SME on a contract basis.
Work Location: Alpharetta, GA (hybrid- 3 days a week onsite)
- We are looking for a Networks SME to join our team in Alpharetta, GA.
- Broad knowledge of all major topics is critical.
- The ideal candidate will have 15+ years of experience preferably with a Financial Services Firm, but this is not a mandatory requirements.
- Hands-On experience with Technology vendor like Cisco/Arista, systems integrator designing, and implementing large scale networks is must.
- Ability to work on weekends is necessary for this role as all deployment work takes place during the weekend windows between Friday into late Saturday night.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to meet the team’s targets with honesty, hard work and reliability with strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Qualified candidate must have an ability to work both independently and as a team member is essential.
- Strong presentation skills are imperative to be able explain network design, articulate risk, and facilitate decision making.
Expert Level Technical Skills Required:
- Ethernet technologies: STP, 802.1Q, VPC, Multilayer Switching; Leaf-Spine IP Fabric. IP Routing: RIP, OSPF, BGP, MPBGP, TCP/IP
- Multicast routing: PIM, IGMP, MSDPVxLAN Platform knowledge on Cisco Switching & Routing Platforms. Nexus 9000 Series Data Centre Switching Platform: Platform Knowledge on Arista Switching platforms
- Working knowledge on various Network OS (Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, NXOS, IOS-XR Arista EOS)Administration of network hardware, virtualization, and routing across multiple environments.
- Familiarity with JIRA for project and task management, specifically work in Agile-Canban
- Ability to use Microsoft applications such as Visio, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficient in UNIX or Linux
- Certifications: CCIE or equivalent
- Experience with scripting / automation using Python / Ansible is a strong plus.
- Tools: Wireshark, Infoblox, HPNA, Splunk, Sevone, Ansible is a plus
- Working knowledge on SDN, SDWAN, DMVPN
- Sound knowledge in public cloud, Kubernetes, storage over IP and VMware
- Strong sense of security concept include defense in depth, risks and controls.
- Experience of driving enterprise level initiatives working with senior stakeholders across Regions and Cultures.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred