Our client, a leading financial services company, is hiring a North America Production Practice Lead.
New York, NY
- We are looking for a Production Practice Head for our North America region, based in our New York office, to lead and grow the practice, enabling engineering teams to build and operate their platforms while adhering to standards, policies, and regulatory requirements. You will form direct relationships with trading desks, technology teams and leadership.
- You will help us continue on the journey of implementing Infrastructure as code, containerization, micro services and using cloud infrastructure, while ensuring the highest levels of stability and control of our production platforms.
- Challenging existing processes and ways of working is key to the role, enabling consistent small gains to contribute to the evolution of our business and how it operates.
- You will help us build high performing teams and to enable that you would relish spending small periods of time in other global offices.
- Experienced Manager, with a technical background – it would be beneficial if you have some level of experience with Equities Trading. However, it’s not mandatory for this role as we can teach this but it is important you have some financial background and have experience supporting/assisting trading in a production environment.
- You are able to matrix manage within a large team, establishing solid relationships and trust built on proven delivery.
- Learning from operational failures is important to you, constantly asking why, using evidence to prove root causes, holding blameless post incident reviews and ensuring solutions are implemented to prevent reoccurrences.
- You are an excellent communicator, and are comfortable communicating to senior leadership and internal teams such as compliance and are able to range up and down the detail depending on your audience.
- Stepping into a crisis would not phase you, able to coordinate and run complex operational incidents staying calm and in control of the situation.
- It would be useful for you to have an understanding of software development lifecycles and modern software delivery principles such as continuous delivery – in fact you may even be passionate about it.
- You are comfortable with change and help drive the evolution of teams and technology.
Pay rate: $95.00 – $100.00 per hour.