Our client, a leading insurance company, is hiring a Part time Actuarial consultant on a contract basis.
Readington Township, NJ
Job schedule-3 days per week Tues, Wed, Thursday-This is a part time, 24 hour per week assignment. Hybrid can be discussed with one day per week from home
Job hours-9:00-am-5:00pm-manager can be flexible with core business hours. Will discuss with candidate
• Actuarial Contractor
• Claims Actuarial Insights Department, strives to empower claims professionals with actionable intelligence. The team works closely with senior leaders to provide reporting and ultimate loss projections for current and prior year catastrophes. This role will be asked to apply critical thinking to refresh, improve, and expand the catastrophe projection process for North America.
• This role will be focused on updating and revamping the North America catastrophe projection process.
o Pull, transform, and reconcile an updated historical dataset
o Using the historical dataset, select factors and measures by event type and other attributes
o Develop solutions to current challenges with the process
o Build additional capabilities to address gaps in the process
o Perform testing and validation to ensure the updated process works well
o Document and communicate updates and changes to the process and their impact
• Fully Proficiency in Excel and working knowledge of VBA (Visual Basic Application).
• Proficiency in SQL server; Working knowledge of R or Python is a plus
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to work independently and effectively overcome challenges
• Strong project and time management skills. Will take ownership of project.
• Able to maintain good documentation and record keeping
• Able to provide clear and concise verbal and written communications to non-actuarial business leaders
• Desire to work in a fast-paced, fluid environment
• Bachelor’s degree
• FCAS or ACAS credential
• 5 years of experience in property/casualty actuarial disciplines