Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring a Project Engineer – Site Engineering on a contract basis.
Libertyville, IL- 50% on-site
- The principal objective of this role is to provide project oversight of the site engineering function in support of capital projects and portfolio serving the Libertyville vector manufacturing organization.
- Accountable for the engineering support in the planning, design, construction, and commissioning and turnover. Accountable for the design aligned to owner design standards and regulatory expectations. Accountable for the successful delivery of capital projects to approved schedule and capital budget.
- Lead internal resources as a customer representative in support of internal and external resources. Apply best engineering and project management practices for the design, procurement, implementation of both equipment, facility and utility design changes.
- 7 years of experience in project management and delivery in BioPharma Manufacturing
- BioPharmaceutical design and construction skills and proven experience in managing projects with emphasis on BioPharma as well as equipment implementation, site utilities and infrastructure upgrades.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering (preferred in Chemical or Mechanical).
- Experience managing internal teams and overseeing multiple complex projects.
- Demonstrated success leading multi-disciplinary and multi-functional teams and stakeholder management.
- Background in process and project engineering equipment layout, facility design, procurement, scheduling, execution and closure of projects
- Ability to participate in design reviews and construction management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation communication skill.
- Interpersonal / facilitation skills necessary to interface with and influence all levels of management.
- Hands on experience in facility design, equipment procurement, field installation, commissioning and qualification and coordinating engineering contractors, trades and vendors in implementing execution of project deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to think in a clear, decisive manner, to remain calm under adverse conditions, and to reach independent, sound solutions during normal and emergency situations.
- Responsible for engineering deliverables (from concept through commissioning and startup).
- Leads internal teams to implement design and implementation of the project within approved budget and planned schedule.
- Ensure compliance of project design and scope aligned to Company Global Engineering Governance model, project and facility standards, and finance requirements.
- Effectively communicate the project performance to the site leadership and applicable stakeholders.
- Apply project controls oversight of capital projects through regular review of change requests, schedule, accurate cost and cash flow projections, risk management, project monthly reporting and financial audit preparation.
- Lead engineering best practice and sharing to build an efficient and productive department.
- Provides inputs to design, scheduling, planning, control and effective coordination of all the parallel activities related to project schedule.
- Possesses broad knowledge of the functional requirements of pharmaceutical facilities and engineering best practices, while ensuring that appropriate internal and external resources are incorporated into the project design and execution.
- Assures that the facility is compliant with all applicable safety, regulatory, legal requirements.
- Achieves high customer satisfaction by delivering finished projects that are fully commissioned, qualified, and ready for startup/occupancy and meets all requirements of stakeholders.
- Encourages team to create new and innovative ways of operating and, to demonstrate flexibility, open mindedness and adaptability to a rapidly changing environment.