Our client, a leading financial services company, is hiring a Scrum Master on a contract basis.
Work Location: Boston, MA (hybrid- 3 days a week onsite)
The team exclusively partners with the company’s Investment Management business division to design and develop systems and integrate vendor products to globally support full life cycle business processing. Activities include Portfolio Analysis, Risk, Trading, Operations, and Sales & Marketing. The Sustainability team develops and supports applications that power our digital platforms aimed at unlocking efficiencies for our Sustainable Investment Teams.
Opportunity with the team: Our client is seeking an experienced Scrum Master to join the Sustainability Technology team. The Scrum Master will partner with Product Owners and Tech Leads to lead the team as they design and develop our digital platforms using a modern technology stack aimed at unlocking efficiencies for all Investment Teams, particularly those divisions that support Sustainable Investments where exposure to Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) metrics is critical.
We work with the following technologies and tools:
- JIRA for Agile ceremonie
- Roadmunk for project planning
- SnowFlake (SQL)
- Java, Angular, Python
- NoSql MongoDB
Your responsibilities will include:
- You will work directly in a squad to drive performance using Agile values, practices, and processes.
- Working with the Product Owner, you will support the work of the squad by maintaining the backlog and facilitating Agile ceremonies like stand ups, sprint planning, and retrospectives.
- Monitoring team performance through the Squads metrics dashboards and help identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Managing communication and partnering with end users and Product Owners on ESG Squads to design solutions.
- Providing Business Analysis and assisting with requirement gathering.
- Experience working in Agile teams and an understanding of Agile practices
- Ability to collaborate with team members on solutions to address challenges and roadblocks
- A continuous improvement mind-set and dedication to finding creative ways of working
- Senior Scrum Master with at least 5-7 years of experience leading financial application development teams.
- Experience or exposure to some or all of the technologies mentioned above.
- Experience working directly with end users.
- Competent in SQL query language and database design.
- Strong understanding of financial markets and various financial instruments, both Fixed Income and Equity.
- Experience with ESG KPI data a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree