Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring a Senior Associate Scientist, on a contract basis.
Cambridge, MA – 100% On site
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about stem cell research and discovery of new medicines for neurodegeneration and who appreciates the challenges and rewards in this field.
- B.S with 4 years or MS with 2 years of experience in Biology, Molecular Biology related fields in industry or academic setting.
- Requires a good understanding and practical experience in routine mammalian cell culture and microscopy.
- Experience with molecular biology techniques such as western blotting, immunostaining, DNA & RNA extractions, and Qpcr.
- Works under minimal supervision for routine activities and moderate supervision for non-routine activities.
- Fast learner who can independently conduct experiments following established protocols and can develop new techniques.
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills, adaptable and ability to multitask.
- Ability to work effectively with others in a collaborative team environment.
- Significant cell culture experience with cell lines, primary cells.
- Experience with iPSC differentiation to a variety of specialized neurons and subsequent characterization of iPSC-neurons.
- Experience with high throughput cell biology including high content imaging, signal transduction assays or genetic screens.
- Genome editing, CRISPR engineering, RNAi approaches.
- Ability to learn and become independent to drive assay development efforts.
- Perform cell culture (iPSCs, primary cells, immortalized cell lines) to support the research needs of the group.
- Differentiate iPSCs to specialized CNS cell types.
- Develop disease-relevant assays with iPSC-derived cells to drive target validation & drug discovery efforts.
- Develop image-based high-content screening assays to capture disease-relevant phenotypes.
- Organizes and maintains experimental data in lab notebook.
- Participates in troubleshooting of routine experiments.