Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring a Senior Developer on a contract basis.
Work Location: Rutherford, NJ (hybrid- 3 days onsite)
This role will be part of the Data & Analytics organization within Financial Risk Technology Team in the company’s Institutional Clients Group (ICG). This team is responsible for delivering market and credit risk technology and software solutions for the Front Office and Back Office Risk Management, which is an independent global function that is responsible for managing market, credit, operational, country, and underwriting risks that are embedded in the activities of its worldwide customer base.
Who you are:
- You’ve got a positive energy. You are optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You appreciate open and direct communication. You are both – an active communicator and an eager listener.
- You can switch context & pivot on the fly. This group is a horizontal organization and regulations are constantly changing. What you worked on yesterday may not be what you work on today.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We build & grow with one another and youre a person who doesnt shy away from being pushed out of your comfort zone.
- You are often cited as inspiration for the engineers and even senior engineers feel that they can learn something from you.
- You have a can do attitude. We engineer & create high-quality software. Owning a problem doesnt scare you but rather empowers you to take 100% ownership.
What will you do:
- Provide strong hands-on in architecting/implementing data frameworks in big data space.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of technical and business domain concepts and procedures within own area and basic knowledge of other areas to resolve issues.
- Enforce industry standard SDLC best practices for effectively managing the codebase.
- Partner with other software engineers, dev-ops, and production support staff to deliver robust software solutions
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding company, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Set up and maintain processes that empower to move the team quickly.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills and presence.
- Collaborate with and across team to design, build and deliver high quality software meeting and exceeding client needs.
- Proven engineering experience building robust, scalable, and maintainable applications in the Capital Markets Technology industry. Ideally 15+ years of application development experience.
- 12+ years in a technical role with Java 8 or above.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Big Data development using Spark, Hive on batch and real time processing.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field or related experience.
- Big data development with extensive hands-on experience with Spark programming
- Strong knowledge of big data tools like Hive, Impala, Spark, etc.
- Experience in designing solutions based on big data / spark methodology of development
- Experience with NoSQL, Web services, Big Data security/entitlements
- Should be familiar with algorithms and design patterns
- SDLC/Dev Ops – Git/BitBucket, CI/CD pipeline frameworks such as Jenkins, SonarQube, JIRA, Any secure coding toolkits
- Broad experience in relational and document databases, data structures, caching, and reporting.
- Ability to be metrics / data driven and have a bias for action and result delivery.
Pay Rate Range: $100-110/hr W2
- Experience in financial industry specifically in Credit Risk & Market Risk Capital domains.
- Technologies and tools: Java, Web / Restful service development, Angular, JSON, Python, SQL, Build tools.
- Develop enterprise-grade applications using Java 8/JEE (and higher), No SQL, Spring, among other tools.
- Experience in event-driven design of Microservices and 12-factor app development standards.
- Experience building modern enterprise applications and deploying to public or private clouds including AWS.
- Experience in Distributed cache systems like Apache Ignite; App developer w/ experience in writing distributable jobs in Spark.