Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring a Senior Project Manager on a contract basis.
Phoenix, AZ – 100% on site
- The Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading teams to deliver programs that span across multiple departments and/or sites. Manages scope, schedule, cost, resources, and constraints for successful and on-time project delivery. Contributes towards process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery. Supports the PMO in standardizing processes, deploying governance structures, best practices including tools and templates.
- This position reports into the Associate Director of Project Management Office (PMO) and will work closely with cross-functional department leaders (Stakeholders). The successful candidate will be a team player with high emotional intelligence, who is organized, detail orientated and innovative with outstanding leadership communication, and project management skills.
- BS in a scientific or business discipline with 5 years of related experience.
- Working knowledge of project management fundamentals.
- Excellent organization and communication skills; Keen attention to detail.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to build and maintain strong relationships with site personnel.
- Evidence of strong strategic thinking, analytical, and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and successfully deliver on timelines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Proven experience in developing & maintaining dashboards, optimizing SharePoint and process improvements to increase efficiency in project delivery.
- Project/ Program Management: Manage and lead cross-functional project and/or program teams as needed.
- Lead team meetings and ensure that meeting agendas and minutes are issued in a timely manner.
- Scope Management: Ensure project/program objectives, scope, and deliverables are well defined and understood by the team and stakeholders.
- Schedule Management: Develop full scale plans and timelines with input from all stakeholders
- Schedule, track milestones and deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Identify and manage dependencies and critical path.
- Cost Management: Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary
- Risk Management: Anticipate challenges and risks. Prepare, lead and execute proactive mitigation strategies to ensure optimal results.
- Proactively manage changes in scope, identify potential issues and devise contingency plans.
- Conflict Management: Identify and resolve issues and conflicts with/within the team.
- Establish and maintain transparency by supporting development, updates and maintenance of status reports, and associated dashboards.
- Conduct lessons learned or retrospective evaluations with project teams to increase efficiency in future projects.
- Stakeholder Management: Set and continually manage expectations with project team members and other stakeholders.
- Communication Management: Ensure that communications between teams, functional management, senior management, and executive leadership are handled in an efficient, effective, and timely fashion.
- Extend support to PMO in standardizing and optimizing processes at the site.