Our client, a leading financial services company, is hiring a Senior Business Analyst on a contract basis.
Work Location: Irving, TX (hybrid- 3 days in office)
Overview of the Role:
The organization serves the global suite of products providing a full range of innovative and comprehensive set of services. Our businesses also offer industry-leading advanced technology, a strong worldwide presence, and a powerful global franchise.
The IT Business Program Manager is a senior-level position responsible will have a proactive focus on identification, plan development and delivery of strategic programs with specific focus on items that cross sector and cross region. He or she will help steward achievement of the strategic priorities while strengthening the effectiveness and efficiency of the processes and systems.
This individual will have the excellent communication skills required to influence and/or negotiate internally, often at a senior level. The role also requires the ability to determine approach and execution strategy of complex tasks across functions and use influence to direct others to meet or exceed desired outcomes.
- Provide input during development and implementation phases, including formulation and definition of systems scope, objectives and necessary system enhancements for complex, high-impact projects
- Identify and communicate risks and impacts and propose risk mitigation options, considering business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment
- Consult with business clients to determine system functional specifications and partner with multiple management teams and other units to meet organizational objectives
- Evaluate new IT developments and evolving business requirements and recommend appropriate systems alternatives and/or enhancements to current systems by analyzing business processes, systems and industry standards
- Provide in-depth and sophisticated analyses with interpretive thinking to define problems, develop innovative solutions and influence strategic functional decisions
- Be an Innovation lead, find best practices for delivering engineering excellence, leveraging existing tools/new tools, partner with PBWMT, internal and external organizations to drive cross-team synergies and optimization.
- Setup sessions with teams to understand their current approach and bring consistency across the organization.
- Monitor progress and provide governance for delivery across CGW.
- Work with Development, Operations, Production Support, DevOps, Engineering teams to ensure there is consistency in delivery.
- Pragmatic problem solver, applying judgment and experience to balance trade-offs between competing interests.
- You are flexible, adapting your approach to meet the needs of the organization.
- Keep abreast of industry trends.
- You effectively research and benchmark our technology against other competitors in the industry.
- You understand that many problems are not essentially new.
- Capable of driving change across a large global organization through thoughtful planning, building productive relationships and ensuring accountability.
- Be creative and passionate, driven by a desire for innovation and creation of an amazing client experience – smart risk taking – outside the box thinking.
- Drive administrative, operational, reporting and quality improvements through partnership with internal teams
- Provide oversight of the Business Critical Milestone Reporting process and other reporting processes to ensure quality, efficiency and accuracy
- Support functional operating routines, including agenda planning, materials, and minutes for staff meetings, operating reviews, and program updates
- Maintain and publish calendar of all organizational events and deliverables.
- Actively oversee completion and quality of deliverables.
- Plan, execute and, oversee team culture routines including town halls, roundtables, coffee hours, new hire orientation, skip levels, mentorship programs
- Coordinate business unit and regional plans including distribution and sharing of materials to corresponding staff and chief risk & control officers and staff.
- Partner with businesses, regions and GPA to draft prepare talking points and presentations, organization changes, staff announcements
- Proven ability to work in a team of diverse skill sets and cultures
- Proven ability to work in high-pressure, time-sensitive environments
- Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication with a strength in presentation design
- Digital publishing capabilities and presentation skills
- 10+ years of experience
- Presentation Creation: Develop engaging, visually appealing presentations based on provided content and guidelines.
- Advanced project management and execution skills
- Excellent communicator
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills;
- Data driven and results-oriented.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Expertise in various emerging technologies, Financial services, FinTech, Application Architecture, design patterns, API-led architecture, microservices, OpenAI/LLMs, development best practices, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, coaching/mentoring, agile, DevOps, continuous improvement, team engagement, training, growth mindset
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint) with extensive experience using Excel for data analysis, creating Pivots, Excel Charts/Graphs, Data analysis etc.
- Proficiency with Tableau – creating advanced dashboards
- Experience with all phases of Software Development Life Cycle
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles of business analysis
- Bachelor degree in computer science, business or a related field. Masters degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Project management certification strongly preferred.