Our client, a leading financial services company, is hiring an Sr. Data Scientist on a contract basis.
Alpharetta, GA or Roseland, NJ
- A problem solver who thinks about whole the picture not just the puzzle in front of you
- Highly independent but also very collaborative. You do not need a lot of direction, but you know feedback loops are essential.
- You are good at balancing perfection with speed of deployment.
- You love data analytics and machine learning.
- You do not know everything, but you want to learn everything.
- You will learn to use and setup data gathering mechanisms to store data from a variety of tools such as Splunk, Dynatrace, NetScout and others.
- You will use AWS and Data Bricks, run code on a Jupyter notebooks to build ML Models to answer very specific business questions.
- You will create queries against data bases and CSV files.
- You may not love data pre-processing, but you are good at it, and very large data sets do not scare you.
- You will work in Sr Directors, Network Engineers, System Administrators, and other technical people to get the information you need to build your product.
- You will have milestones to achieve, so you will set up your project plan to schedule your deliverables.
- You will meet multiple times a week with your team to check progress and calibrate output.
- You will take ownership and drive for results.
- You like showing others how you did what you did, so they can be a rock star like you.
- Work experience in data analytics and machine learning using libraries like TensorFlow, Pytorch, scikit-learn etc.
- Proficient in at least one cloud environment, AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Proficient in R or Python, specifically in creating ML models.
- Proficient in SQL or equivalent query.
- Advanced training in Data Science or Machine Learning, i.e., Undergraduate or Graduate Degree or Certificate with a focus on Machine Learning.
- Experience using Databricks, S3, AWS, SQL, NoSQL, MySQL.
- Experience with using Splunk, specifically for data harvesting.
- 2+ years in building machine learning models using a variety of large data sets.