Our client, a leading financial services company, is hiring a Senior Database Developer/Admin on a long-term contract basis.
Hybrid 3 days a week onsite
- This position is for a Sr. Database Developer/Admin to work with our cross-functional team and join our WMDT Platform Support/Engineering team at our Alpharetta offices.
- We are looking for colleagues with strong sense of ownership and ability to drive solutions. The role is primarily responsible to automate the existing process and bring new ideas and innovation.
- The candidate is expected to code, conduct code reviews, and test software as needed, along with participating in application architecture and design and other phases of the SDLC.
- The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated team player committed to delivering on time and should be able to work with without or minimal supervision.
- The role owns, oversees, and actively manages all aspects of database systems, data, and data flow in a high volume transactional WMDT platform and supporting systems including WMDT HUB, BPM, and UDP.
- He/she will work closely with all DEV teams and be jointly responsible for implementing and operating complex systems across multiple geographically distributed data centers.
- The DBA will ensure adherence to service operational level agreements in collaboration with Application Development Teams, Infrastructure Support, Project Managers, Business Users, and other Cross functional teams to maintain current databases and MDM environment as well as deliver new database implementations.
- The candidate will be responsible for the overall management, project plans, and day to day operations of the distributed database services team.
- Manages all aspects of data propagation and data flow in a high-volume transactional platform and supporting systems including WMDT real time transactions.
- Drive adherence to service operational level agreements.
- Drive operational isolation and zero down time initiatives supporting our online and WMDT platforms.
- Defining and build standard procedures and guidelines for all fellow team members and all other Dev Teams.
- Diagnose and address SQL queries/procedures performance issues using performance monitors tools, custom scripts and various tuning techniques.
- Experience in Database Administration and configurations.
- Investigate causes of issues and provide recommended solutions as well as implement if necessary.
- Organized with the ability to prioritize tasks accurately and efficiently.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience building distributed enterprise applications on MS SQL Server Database Platform, with a proven delivery track record.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- Experience in scripting for database deployments.
- Expert in tuning all tiers of applications on SQL Server database platforms.
- Hands-on experience with Build/Deployment tools and Shell Script.
- Strong experience on database backup, restore and data movements export/import/load.
- High availability and disaster recovery planning and implementation.
- Good knowledge of database concepts with working knowledge on SQL and Stored Procedures. Innovative in providing solutions, likes to take on challenges with calculated risk. Strive to constantly improve the application development processes and tools.
- Provide DBA support on all aspects of databases administration including backup/recovery, deployment, and real time production troubleshooting responsibilities on SQL Server databases.
- Install, configure, monitor, upgrade and maintain database non-production & production environments.
- Provide database deployment support for development, test and production (future) environments.
- Diagnose and address database performance issues using performance monitors, custom scripts and various tuning techniques.
- Strong experience with SQL tuning.
- Interact with Storage and Systems Administrators on Linux operating systems issues related to databases.
- Able to write database maintenance and automation scripts.
- Configure and maintain Database High availability (HADR).
- Troubleshoot database production problems and database connectivity issues.
- Experience working with database federation.
- Ability to work well as a team and as an individual with minimal supervision.
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in Wealth Management or a similar financial environment.
- Experience in other data bases SQL HADR, NoSQL, Replications.
- Experience in working on Cloud Native Architecture.
- Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture.
- Improve existing software.
- Develop documentation throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Serve as an expert on applications and provide technical support.
- Bachelor’s preferred