Our client is hiring a Sr. Network Automation Engineer on a contract to hire basis.
Local preferred (Bethesda, MD); If not 100% remote.
The Company is shaping its global network to become the unique futuristic network in hospitality industry. Automation being a huge part of the global network strategy, we are looking for an enthusiastic team member with passion to innovate and excel, to join our amazing Network DevOps team as Sr Network DevOps Engineer. The Network DevOps team looks over the global network that runs across the globe, automates, and manages the Core network services, Network Monitoring tools and Security infrastructure. The team is tasked to automate 100% of the Global Network operations and find innovative ways to improve the global end-user experience. We are in process of building the next innovative and self-healing network automation platform to help us achieve this goals and eager to find people reach us above and beyond.
We are looking forward to you join our team and automate the network on daily basis and making everyone’s experience better when using our global network.
So how would you become part of our team? Well by demonstrating that:
– You have proven design and implementation experience in different networking technologies such as Route & Switch networks, Firewalls, WAN, Network Monitoring Tools, and Network security infrastructure.
– You also have a passion to find out network operations use cases and automate them using tools such as Ansible and Python.
– You are eager to listen to business, abstract the complexity from it and provide intelligent automated solutions.
– You will ideally come with a complex Networking background, who has then moved towards automating the daily network operational and compliance tasks.
– You have a passion to automate everything, and nothing can stop you from finding a way to do that.
– Be working closely and collaboratively with expert network architects and great engineers.
– Be key contributor to drive adoption of Network Automation practices and operating models across all global network teams.
– You will be accountable for establishing technical level relationships and partnering with all business disciplines and other teams to define and implement the network automation solution.
Must Have skills: Ansible playbooks (AAP is bonus), Python project development (netmiko, netconf, restconf & other modules), Git, F5/Router/Switches/Cloud – AWS/Azure, DevOps – CICD, docker, webhooks etc.
Minimum qualifications and experience required:
– Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related technical field experience/certification.
– 8+ years experience as a Network Engineer with Designing and Implementing complex networking.
– 4+ years of experience with automating network functions through tools such as Ansible and Ansible Tower.
– 2+ years of experience with writing Python applications to support network automation.
– 2+ years of experience in building Network test and deployment automation pipelines using Git and CICD tools such as Github, Gitlab and Jenkins.
– 2+ years of experience in Network automation software, libraries, and tools such as Netmiko, Nornir, Netbox, PyATS, Genie, F5 SDK, Pan-os-python etc.
– 2+ years experience as being part of network operations team.
Technical Skills required:
– Certification in network and/or security technologies (e.g., CCIE, CCNP, CISSP, Cisco DevNet, etc.).
– Developing Ansible automations to manage network devices (Cisco, HP, Checkpoint, PaloAlto, etc.).
– Experience automating network platforms via Ansible Tower.
– Experience working in a GitOps, DevOps and Test-driven culture and managing code life cycle using Git and related processes & tools.
– Knowledge with python web development (Apache, Flask, WSGI, Docker, K8’s, HTML/CSS) to create custom network management tools.
– Knowledge managing Linux platforms.
– Experience working in a Scrum team or other Agile methodologies.
– Experience in researching emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products and synthesizing into clear technology roadmaps and strategies.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills for a wide range of audiences including executives, business stakeholders, and IT teams.
General networking background expected:
– Implementation of WAN, LAN, and datacenter networks with a focus on mission-critical, customer-facing applications and services.
– Technical knowledge in networking (Cisco and non-Cisco) with an emphasis on Datacenter networks, WAN, LAN, Network security and Management tools and core network services such as DNS, NTP & IPAM.
– Demonstrated experience in delivering written documents detailing network solutions and diagrams.
Pay Rate: $80 – $90/hr (some flexibility).