Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring an SRE Engineer on a contract basis.
Work Location: Irving, TX
- We are looking for a SRE, hands-on engineer with experience in automation of manual activities. Someone who brings fresh ideas, demonstrates a unique and informed viewpoint on elimination of TOIL and who can develop solutions that automate processes.
- Identify work which is TOIL and make effort to reduce it.
- Automate manual activities, repetitive processes, reporting, controls, etc., configure and tune them.
- Design, develop, run Performance Tests against services/applications.
- Continuously improve systems resiliency, reliability and business cost – through a design and development of software solutions and streamlined processes.
- Mitigate risk by analyzing the root cause of production issues, impacts to business, and required corrective actions.
- Measure and optimize system OR process performance setting proper metrics, monitoring and SLAs/SLOs.
- Software development experience, scripting in Python/Shell/Bash/Ksh/Java/.net (a combination of it)
- Experience in working on Bitbucket/GitHub/Jira/Confluence/Artifactory (knowledge of best practices to drive service improvements)
- Experience in defining performance test cycles with Performance Center LoadRunner
- Understanding of SRE principles, DevOps, CI/CD
- Extensive experience working with and customizing automation scripts – Ansible is currently used
- Strong analytical, algorithmic, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent teamwork, proactive attitude, strong communication skills, both written and oral