Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring a Supplier Relationship Manager consultant on a contract basis.
New Brunswick, NJ/Hybrid
Supplier Relations Project Manager
Hybrid role 50/50–New Brunswick, NJ
Work Schedule: Mon – Fri, Business Hours
The primary responsibilities for this role are to serve as Supplier Relationship Manager (SRM) for select Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO) relationships and serve as project manager on designated projects.
Supplier Relationship Manager (SRM):
• Accountable for the oversight and management of all client business with the assigned Contract Manufacturing
• Responsible for the relationship management and contract monitoring of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) &
intermediates ,drug product, device assembly & packaging CMOs to ensure uninterrupted supply.
Project Manager (PM):
• Accountable for the overall delivery of the project
• Responsible for development, execution & monitoring of project schedule, budget, resources, communicating
risks/issues, developing & monitoring mitigations plans, and providing status updates as required.
• Leads a cross-functional virtual plant team (VPT) in a matrix structure.
• Promotes team development, fosters teamwork, and builds relationships within the VPT.
• Drives performance and continuous improvement within the assigned CMOs to mitigate risks and optimize value.
• Manages and maintains positive relations with the assigned CMOs through structured supplier relationship models
• Develops and executes operational budgets for the assigned CMOs and ensures alignment with External
Manufacturings goals and objectives.
• Ensures the successful resolution of all issues that may impact timely supply of product and/or contractual obligations
• Effectively manages all operational activities to deliver supply from the CMOs. Contract Monitor for the assigned business
• Executes CMO specific strategies and processes in line with ExM Mission Statement.
• Proactively identifies supply risks and implements strategies to avoid or minimize their impact
• Accountable for the performance of the assigned CMOs.
• Responsible for reviewing and communicating CMO performance metrics and the development of the improvement plans as warranted.
• Leads Business Review processes
• Accountable for CMO Business Continuity Risk Assessment
• Ensures projects executed at the assigned CMOs are delivered in line with client requirements
• Collaborates with Finance for product cost standards, variances
• Supports the transfer and launch of new products.
• Develop detailed project timelines, resource plans, and charters
• Leads a cross-functional project team(s) in a matrix structure.
• Create and manage project budgets
• Deliver on-time project execution
• Identify & facilitate resolution of risks and roadblocks
• Communicate program & project status
• Achieve governance endorsements
• Leverage standard project management tools (Tableau, Microsoft project, etc.) & align with established business processes (charters, PMO, etc.)
• Drive standardization of tools and templates to enable efficient and consistent tracking and reporting of projects in line with best practices.
This position can be a designee for Senior Director, External Manufacturing.
• Operations experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing to cGMP standards including extensive knowledge of regulatory guidelines and validation practices.
• Successful track record in execution and completion of objectives and projects.
• Able to effectively transfer complex knowledge regarding science and engineering procedures.
• Ability to apply technical and cross-functional expertise to address complex operations problems.
• Analytical and creative problem-solving skills
• Ability to lead teams and to work effectively with cross-functional & multi-location teams
• Good inter-personal, communication, and presentation skills required.
• Financial and project management skills
• Experience of a culturally diverse workplace through international projects or global teams.
• Experience negotiating supply agreements with CMOs.
Required Qualification(s) and Desired Experience:
• BS/MS/PhD in engineering, chemistry, pharmacy or related pharmaceutical sciences.
• MBA, C.P.M. and Project Management Certifications (ie. PMP) desired.
• 8+ years of relevant experience in the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical or related industry