Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring a Supply Chain Planner on a contract basis.
New Brunswick, NJ – 100% On site
The Supply Chain Planner performs a proactive supply planning role and is responsible for ensuring customer requirements are understood, planned for, and delivered. The Supply Planner is responsible for ensuring that demand and supply requirements are accurate and balanced, and the supply plan is maintained up to date in the Company SAP system.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 3 years demonstrated Supply Chain knowledge.
- Supply chain planning and project management experience.
- Experience working in a tolling environment and/or with external vendors.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and manage multiple tasks to tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of Pharmaceutical Industry and appreciation of the competitive environment and its impact on
- driving change in the organization.
- Appreciation of Performance Metrics and their value in influencing supply chain results.
- Knowledge of logistics, financial, and information flows.
- Excellent PC and systems skills with prior experience working in SAP.
- Develop and actively manage supply plans for relevant materials associated with the product portfolio within area of responsibility.
- Prepare and maintain stock overviews for the relevant products including supply and demand requirements and levels of expected inventory on hand.
- To plan and maintain the required inventory level of starting materials, Drug Substance, and drug product.
- Work closely with Logistics to ensure transparency of order requirements and accurate shipping dates.
- Interrogation of SAP demand & engagement with customers and Global Supply Chain to understand the drivers behind demand changes and engaging with stakeholders to align on demand requirements.
- Review of any forecast changes on a monthly basis and preparation of updated forecast for communication to CMO.
- In alignment with Master Data site owner, ownership and maintenance of accurate planning master data for all products within area of responsibility.
- To plan and effectively manage the supply impact of any change involving a regulatory impact.
- To work with Company Global Supply Chain Product Planner and Network planner as necessary to ensure product strategy is understood, being adhered to and implemented.
- To liaise with customers and coordinate supply planning with Supply Chain VPT (Virtual Plant Team) representative to minimize the impact of supply delays, quality events, line shutdowns, projects etc.
- Placement and maintenance of purchase orders and Purchase Requisitions in SAP.
- Provide input into metrics discussions and participate in metrics review meetings as required.
- Communication of any product related inventory risk to ExM inventory controller and finance teams in a timely manner.
- Maintaining/developing strong relationships with supply chain counterparts at other Company sites, Global Supply Chain and CMOs.
- Participate in Company Global Supply Chain meetings as required to ensure alignment on implementation of product strategy.
- Lead supply chain meetings with customers to ensure alignment on Company customer requirements and consumption plan.
- Execute scenario planning and develop recommendations for contingency plans as necessary.
- Responsible for compiling and presenting volume information as part of the ExM S&OP process.
- Responsible for compilation of volume information to support budget and projection activities & providing rational in relation to the drivers behind variances.
- Proactively identify and resolve any constraints in supply through engagement with CMOs and VPT team as necessary.