Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring a Supply Chain Planner consultant on a contract basis.
New Brunswick, NJ/Hybrid
Supply Chain Planner
New Brunswick, NJ
This is a Hybrid role
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, Business Hours
Develop, implement and control the Master Production Schedule considering demand, capacity, and materials availability constraints in coordination with Capacity Planner and other Supply Chain planners. Ensure availability and adequate inventory levels of materials are available to execute Manufacturing Plan. Support execution of Capacity Planning Activities. the incumbent must comply with all Security Guidelines, Environmental Health and Safety regulations and the current Good Manufacturing Practices required by the Job Function.
1. Prepares and manages the detailed production schedule and production order issuing in order to correctly match with the demand.
2. Analyzes and solves the capacity and manufacturing exceptions within the Firm Horizon (Short Term) and monitors the Medium Term for the assigned work centers.
3. Inputs in the system the data needed for a correct scheduling (i.e. product change, format change) in accordance with production.
4. Schedules production orders and evaluates ability to make a schedule change.
5. Participates with other Planners, Finance and Department Management in the development of the yearly budget.
6. Executes materials requirement process to support agreed production plan and ensures orders are placed with direct materials suppliers. Plan, order and schedule corresponding raw, semi finished and/or packaging components for all production related activities, including commercial requirements, special projects, new products and existing product changes.
7. Coordinates weekly material priorities with key personnel to assure on-time material disposition.
8. Analyzes and optimize asset utilization while meeting established short term needs (e.g. Ship To Promise expected results).
9. In Production Scheduling, resolves Capacity Issues (equipment, materials and labor issues, QC Holds or delays for bulk and raw materials, plant shutdown) based on the consolidated demand and on the Production scheduling priorities.
10. Coordinates and facilitates all the activities which lead to the production completion, in partnership with Customer Service, Production, Maintenance and QC/QA.
11. Informs Customer Planning of product availability and delays to support negotiation of due dates and to anticipate supply issues.
12. Coordinates all activities required to assure the availability of API and raw materials.
13. Provides input to support preparation of Supply Chain meetings and participates in those meetings as needed.
14. Monitors the performance metrics for the assigned products and work centers (e.g. schedule attainment), provides Root Cause Analysis and follows up on actions plan to improve these metrics.
15. Does operate accordingly to internal and global procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Preferred; otherwise Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business Related field
Minimum 8 years in Supply Chain Planning
MS Suite required
Pharma Exp preferred
SAP Exp preferred