Our client, a leading financial services company, is hiring a Systems Administrator on a contract basis.
Work Location: Alpharetta, GA (hybrid 2-5 days a week depending on project guidance)
The Systems Administrator (TechOps) is responsible for monitoring and managing the company’s online applications. The primary role is to ensure high availability of the application performance in the datacenters and change implementation. This multi-faceted position employs the skills of the associate to design, implement, maintain, and support a variety of applications on Linux systems.
– Monitoring, optimizing and managing UNIX/Linux OS, system hardware and application performance.
– Perform application upgrades, patches, able to identify and troubleshoot issues/bugs that involved front-end, middle office, back-end and services through Sunburst, Tuxedo, Tomcat and Apache.
– Be ready to lead and coordinate teams during system/application outages and execute tasks accordingly to minimize impact.
– Attending project meeting and providing input to project planning.
– Managing/developing based on TechOps perspective, as well as planning for production launch execution.
– Identify areas of enhancement and deploy automated processes to minimize human intervention.
– Management of Corporate common network services, i.e., DNS and DHCP services.
– Enrolling users and maintaining system security.
– Backup and recovery of OS and application information.
– Weekend coverage rotation
REQUIREMENTS MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE
– 2-5 years of experience in Unix/Linux systems administration and with strong hardware application support.
– Strong system/application troubleshooting skills.
– Ability to analyze information and draw conclusions on system performance and trends.
– Ability to write mini scripts in some administrative language (Tk, Perl, shell).Strong communication skills.
– Ability to work in a team environment, as well as individually with minimal supervision.
– Good interpersonal skills.
– Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
– Works well under pressure, in a very fast paced working environment.
– Manage time effectively and accordingly based on priorities.
– Comfortable with many aspects of UNIX systems administration; i.e. system installation and configuration, fundamentals of security, installing third-party software.
– Strong knowledge of web, middleware and Cloud based technologies a plus.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION, TRAINING
– BS degree in Computer Science preferred.