Seeking a Systems Analyst
5+ years’ experience as a System Analyst or related roles
Independently and effectively manages time using common-sense priority setting
Preferred – Knowledge of government structure
Solid understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
- Understands principles of routing client/server programming.
- Manage expectations at all levels: customers/end users, executive sponsors.
- Ensure quality standards are followed.
- Understand the business application of technical support and design in an application development environment.
- Work with the various Infrastructure teams and operations provider to identify the strategic direction of systems management activities.
- Understands the design of consistent network-wide file system layouts
- Maintain strong relationships with employees and various tier two and three support groups.
- Develop plans for disaster recovery/ back up and archiving.
- Manage the daily operations of the systems management team to ensure service levels are being met.
- Manage the systems management team’s support issue and backlog.
- Monitor the team’s open backlog of support issues and re-assign issues as necessary to ensure they are closed per agreed upon service levels.
- Act as the first level of escalation for high priority support issues.
- Function as the liaison to the various support groups with whom the systems management team interfaces.
- Develop the technical infrastructure maintenance strategy.
- Manage the system management resources.
- Act as a system’s management expert.
- Analyze, determine, and document requirements in terms of system management needs and implement them.
- Identify, approve, and prioritize team projects.
- Manages a large site or network.
- Recommends policies on system use and services.