Our client, a leading financial services company is hiring a Tax Analyst on a long-term contract basis.
The Tax Solutions Outsourcing group is seeking a highly qualified Analyst for placement within the due diligence operations team. Successful candidates will assume a role which will require tax document validation review, account remediation and other client back-office functions related to U.S. and foreign tax documentation requirements. Candidates with experience in tax compliance or advisory/consulting background in U.S. domestic and non-resident tax (Chapters 3 and 61), FATCA (Chapter 4) and global AEOI requirements are of particular interest. Applicants with prior experience in complementary tax compliance review as part of financial account onboarding for banks and other financial institutions are also welcome.
- Coordinate and conduct tax document examination (IRS Forms W-8 and W-9, as well as CRS self-certification), checking for completeness and accuracy based on operational standards and regulatory requirements.
- Act as client relationship lead for due diligence processes as they relate to account onboarding practices, form solicitations or account remediation efforts.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for assigned clients and handle both day-to-day account review processes and urgent escalations in a professional and timely manner.
- Provide subject matter expertise where required on client & team inquiries regarding applicable statutes, tax authority guidance and general industry approaches & best practices.
- Address tax compliance and remediation requests with clients and/or their account holders in accordance with IRS regulations and Outsourcing protocol as part of audit exposure elimination efforts.
- Assist clients with withholding rate calculations and verification of tax treaty benefits prior to distributions and payment events.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory developments impacting withholding and reporting requirements.
- Address client queries on Tax Solutions developed software and tax form validation logic.
- Participate in client status conferences to discuss validation progress and processing questions.
- Understand and exhibit a strong emphasis on the ability to work quickly, efficiently and accurately.
- Must conform to all company policies, including data protection and confidentiality requirements.
- Successfully pass any required drug testing and background checks as required by company policy or client requirement.
- Experience in customer service and financial data operations.
- Tax internships or tax experience a big plus.
- 1-3+ years’ experience.
- Detail oriented and task driven with a strong work ethic and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Able to contribute on an individual basis and as part of a team.