Our client, a leading financial services company, is hiring a Technical Business Analyst on a contract basis.
Work Location: New York, NY (hybrid- 3 days a week onsite)
Legal Compliance & Corporate Governance (LCG) Technology provides operational controls and surveillance capabilities to enhance the firms resilience to threats and fraudulent behavior.
Our support of critical business functions extends to archival & records management, business continuity planning and due diligence investigations.
This role is part of the Financial Advisor Monitoring and Registration Department, within LCG. This team supports the Risk and Compliance divisions with tools and applications to assist them with their task of monitoring Financial Advisors compliance with the Firms policies and procedures. As a Business Analyst, you will be responsible for providing business analysis, project management, and data analysis support for tool enhancements: eliciting and documenting business requirements, user acceptance testing, data analysis, and product support. The ideal candidate should have the skills listed below but in addition should be a self- driven, dedicated individual who works well in a team and thinks and acts strategically. When faced with a problem, the candidate should be able to ask questions and leverage the skills and expertise of those around them.
- Elicit, analyze, generate Business requirements documents (including Agile user stories, proof of concept models, and supporting documentation)
- Analyze data sets to determine data gaps and work with cross functional teams to bridge the gap
- Liaise with the development team to ensure the product is developed according to specifications
- Conduct Behavior-Driven Development (BDD), write and execute User Acceptance Testing (UAT) test plan
- Create and manage the overall project plan at the project level; and escalate delays to the program lead.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science
- Minimum 10 years of experience in global organizations as a Technical Business Analyst.
- Proficiency in Data Analysis, with working experience in SQL and relational databases
- Established technical knowledge in software development life cycle and agile methodologies.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written; as well as work in an international team setting.
- Collaborate effectively across a variety of IT and Business groups, across regions and roles.
- Self-motivated individual and creative thinker who will take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Ability to problem solve and have creative solutions in challenging environments
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, high energy, demanding and team-orientated environment
- Manage and delegate workload through the team
- Good customer service skills. Ability to deal with difficult situations gracefully.
- Experience in trade lifecycles and asset classes, Equity, Fixed Income, Options, Futures
- Understanding of Compliance surveillance platforms (Actimize, MANTAS, Sungard) and their models, Wash trades, Marking the Open/Close, Spoofing, Insider Trading, etc.
- IT Project Management and SDLC knowledge/experience (Waterfall, Agile/Scrum) and experience using BDD.
- Experience working in medium to large-scale development projects.
- Knowledge of trades data, positions data, reference data.
- Experience in Nasdaq SMARTS platform
Pay Rate: $62- $77/hr