Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company, is hiring a Training Specialist on a contract basis.
Seattle, WA – 50% on-site
- The Training Specialist, Instructional Design & Systems Training is a full-time role. The primary focus for this role is to lead and manage the instructional design, the training development for instructor-led, on-the-job, and computer-based training courses that support the Business Process Management portfolio of projects.
- This role is also responsible for the successful implementation of systems training including but not limited to Oracle and SAP. This role also entails end-to-end training design, development & deployment activities in support of Cell Therapy, Business Process Management Portfolio.
- This role will provide coaching on training requirements, adult learning principles, curricula design support and alignment to local training processes and with global and / or regulatory requirements.
- Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Information Systems, Business or Engineering, Education, Management, Communication, Learning & Organizational Development, related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 3 years of experience in supply chain or manufacturing environment (pharmaceutical industry preferred) or education/training (adult education/corporate training preferred).
- Computer systems experience (SAP or Oracle).
- Strong experience and knowledge of GxP and applicable Health Authority regulations / guidelines and industry best practices for supporting a training program.
- Strong communication skills with clients to identify the learning goals for the training projects.
- Experience working through training/performance pain points and translating them in corrective learning experience with training effectiveness embedded into the learning & performance enhancement experience.
- Instructional design experience incorporating adult learning principles and SMART training objectives.
- Strong experience and thorough understanding of global regulatory training requirements.
- Strong experience and an in-depth knowledge of adult learning principles.
- Capable of leading and working cross-functionally to support the training requirements associated with Cell Therapy Business Process Management activities.
- Proven experience working as a detailed oriented team player with effective planning, organization, and execution skills.
- Innovative, proactive, and resourceful; committed to quality and continuous improvement.
- Ability to work effectively at a fast pace with cross functional departments to finalize time-sensitive deliverables.
- Effective manager of project deliverables.
- Able to manage multiple priorities.
- Experience with Success Factors and Articulate preferred.
- Strong computer skills with MS Office (e.g. Word, Visio and Excel) and with Quality Systems (e.g. Document Management System, Quality Management System) and learning management systems (Success Factors)
- Support, maintain, encourage, engage, and empower a learning culture for trainees and for the BPM Training and Organizational Change Management Team.
- Oversee learning and performance enhancement programs from start to finish.
- Act as an effective change agent.
- Design, Develop and Deploy the learning and performance enhancement experience.
- Manage competing priorities and work within a team to drive completion of projects.
- Develop training KPIs that measure the effectiveness of training programs, return on investments and support business goals and objectives.
- Align, coach, and develop training programs that drive an increase in overall training effectiveness and the empowerment Cell Therapy personnel.
- Design and develop training courses using various instructional design methodologies while incorporating adult learning principles.
- Contribute to the writing, review, approval and maintenance of metrics, and associated training Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) or Work Procedures (WP).
- Identify, evaluate, and implement key performance metrics for training effectiveness and for business expectations regarding training design.
- Analyze training effectiveness data and lead improvement training and learning initiatives.
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content.
- Work with Subject Matter Experts to identify target audiences training needs.
- Set instructional end goals and create content that matches them.
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product.
- Create supporting materials/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games, etc.).
- Devise modes of assessments, such as tests, quizzes, to measure the effectiveness of the course.
- Maintain and control electronic document content and folders as per good documentation requirements.
- Drive continuous improvement for training programs.
- Address recurring issues identified for training.
- Provide coaching and guidance for training programs that support integration and implementation of new products and/or processes.
- Ensure training documentation/files are maintained, with good documentation practices and in compliance with Quality Systems and retention programs.
- Work independently and perform with a high degree of accuracy.
- Partner with other members the Cell Therapy Operations Training Team and other training teams across the organization to build harmony and alignment.
- Support internal and external Audits/Inspections.
- Develop Key Performance indicators to display the effectiveness of training programs, the instructional design capacity and delivery output, etc.
- Meet and display company values in all interactions.