Our client is hiring a VFX Art Specialist on a full-time basis.
As a VFX Art Specialist you develop entertainment that’s equal parts video game, amusement park ride, and spectacle. Your target platform is The Sphere – a massive 16K 4D theater with beam-formed audio – and the mobile phones of our guests. You build from specifications and team objectives and iterate to eventual production-quality deliverables. Your part of a veteran cross-functional team, learning from each other every day. As an ideal candidate you bring a solid artistic foundation in 3D art and a broad range of skills including gameplay, props and real-time and standard production art pipelines. You have a passion for gaming, and have the ability to create immersive, exciting work.
What will you do?
• Brainstorm, R&D, and help implement pipeline workflow.
• Work closely with the Art Director and others to maintain stunning visual style and quality.
• Create photo-real particle systems for game environments and scripted moments.
• Work closely with Leads, Lighting, Design, Sound, Animation, and Production to bring levels and features to life.
• Design and simulate realistic fire, smoke, explosions, debris, clouds, etc. that meet all technical and aesthetic standards for the project.
• Promote and enforce structure, such as naming conventions and documentation.
• Set dress levels with ambient atmospheric effects that produce spectacular photo-realistic game moments.
• Create textures and/or meshes to use in particle effects with various 2D and 3D applications.
• Create destructible assets and coinciding particle system.
• Provide in-depth research, reference material, and develop conceptual ideas.
• Animate and implement sequences in engine.
• Work directly with the Art Director and Interactive team to develop and adhere to CG methods and techniques that will assure the highest quality end results.
• Ideal candidates have an appetite for creative execution and are forward thinking and technologically inclined and have interest in being a part of an ambitious, innovative project requiring collaboration and teamwork.
• This role is part of a production artist group exploring and developing a unique language for Sphere, in collaboration with a creative development team.
• Minimum of 2 years in full-cycle AAA game development.
• Highly proficient with the Unreal Engine including Niagara and the material editor.
• Create concepts and assets from scratch.
• Passion for fluid dynamics.
• Traditional illustration skills in multiple medias, excellent drawing skills, and matte painting experience.
• Experience with storytelling and concept development.
• Experience with post process effects and how to create them.
• Passion for pushing fidelity and refining techniques as technology changes.
• Excellent texture creation skills.
• Ability to interpret and transform abstract ideas and concepts into compelling work.
• Ability to create a low-poly model within poly budget and efficiently unwrap the UV’s for texturing.
• Aware of memory and technical constraints while working, and can balance visual quality with performance.
• Must be passionate for games.
Pay Rate: $115k – 128K.