Our client, a leading insurance company, is hiring a Workers Compensation Unit Stat consultant on a contract basis.
The main function of the WC Unit Stat Specialist is to ensure timely, complete, accurate processing and submission of unit reports to the Rating Bureau.
• Gather information from the Rating Bureau website and compare to the unit stat data contained in our Unit Stat system.
• Verify and update any applicable experience mods factor, audited payroll data and class codes for losses before submission of unit reports to the bureau.
• Ensure that all documentation is complete, accurate, and complies with company procedures and reporting guidelines.
• Establish, maintain, and update files, databases, records, and other documents for recurring internal reports.
• Contact and communicate with internal customers on an as needed basis such as OGC(Office of General Counsel), Underwriting, Premium Audit and the
Claims Department by telephone or e-mail.
• Contact and communicate with Rating Bureau client contact person on an as needed basis.
• Will be trained on the basic unit stat processes and procedures.
• Will be trained on the Unit Stat System.
• Professional written and verbal communication skills
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
• Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Bachelors degree in business or related field preferred.
• 0-2 years experience required
• Basic knowledge in Workers Compensation insurance industry is a nice to have